Thursday, September 11, 2008

Right now

I am enjoying...

The laundromat. Random I know, but I forgot how nice it is to be able to wash all your clothes at the same time instead of laundry taking all day. Plus there was this added bonus of following the crowd and folding all of my clean clothes while I was there. I don't remember the last time that I washed my clothes and folded them in the same day.
  • my gas stove--what's not to love? so much better than electric! We may be in a small one bedroom right now..but having a gas stove was a good bribe :-)

I am still getting used to...

  • The time change--we're still in Arizona...but since the rez spans 4 states they wanted to keep everyone on the same time zone, so we are one hour ahead of Arizona. The problem is we haven't figured out how to get our cell phones to believe we are in a different time zone, and since I use my phone as my watch--I am always having to calculate what time it really is.
  • cooking in high altitude--(we are at 5506 ft) the brownies we made yesterday just didn't turn out the same.

6 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow I can't believe that town. Is this for real! I can't wait to hear about all the interesting stories you will have to tell about your new home.

Jennifer Salmon said...

I finally have your blog on mine from Heidi's. It's so nice to see how you guys are doing. How has Tuscon been?

Delise said...

Way to look on the bright side! I grew up in a one stop light town near a rez but we got said stop light and a Dairy Queen in one year and thought we'd arrived! Mag wants to know if Rachel goes to am or pm kindergarten? Mag goes pm

Bonnie said...

Hi sweet Amber!
Looks to me like you are in a fun little hamlet for a few years. Believe it or not..for Years, Cedar only had two traffic lights. Parowan only had one until a few years ago. No more stuck in traffic for hours! I think you are lucky. These 3 years will go by so fast! What a great experience for your family.
Love you
Aunt Bonnie

Natalie said...

It would be great to do all my laundry at once. Sounds like you are finding things to enjoy.

Lacie said...

You have more free time to blog it looks like it to me.
I am proud to hear you did all of your laundry in one day that is unheard of from you. Now the key is to just put it away when you get home.