Saturday, November 22, 2008

You came here to visit Chinle....Why?

So I had an interesting conversation today with a family we met at the park. It was a younger couple with two kids (a girl named Baily and a boy named Collin ;-) and as they looked fun, and nice, and were white, I went and introduced myself. It turns out they don't live here in Chinle, (total bummer) they live in a smaller town, Blanding, UT, about 2 hours away from here., and they just came to Chinle because they like to come here every now and then for the day. ????? WHY??? LOL! !! At first she made it sound like Chinle was a bigger town, we have a stoplight, where as Blanding only has a blinking light. But while Blanding may be slightly smaller...it sounds way cooler! For instance, apparently they have a public library AND a movie theater, and there are 4 church buildings there so I am assuming church there would be a little less miserable. It is also not on a reservation and they have pretty red rock scenery as opposed to our brown desert blah lansdscape. I live here...because I have to--but they came here by choice...for FUN!? WIERDOS! :-)

No comments: