Rachel learning to do her own hair. Ever since she found out her friend at school knows how to "do ponytails herself" she has been determined to learn. She insists on trying every morning, and as you can imagine it always ends up in a big frizzy, messy, knot, that I of course have to "just fix a little" before letting her leave the house. But yesterday while Sam and I were watching tv she came running in and said "Look! I did my own hair" and I looked up to see this-as you can see with the huge grin she is so proud of herself :-)
Privileged--did I mention I LOVE this show!??? I do. It is such a happy show, and uplifting and most of all i feel inspired when I watch it. Megan is a writer and is trying to write her first book, and it always makes we want to get back to writing my book.
Shoes!! I know the kind of shoes most of you are imagining...and the kind of shoes I am getting giddy about are probably not the same ones. Today I spent two and a half hours in a shoe store...I have never had so much fun in the shoe store before, usually I am looking for fancy shoes and am depressed that cute and comfy never go hand in hand...but today I spent all my time in an old favorite section and I left with these:

even though i just ordered these online last week

My sister in law was trying to choose between cross trainers/walking/running shoes-and she asked my opinion. I have never bought anything other than running shoes. I am a runner (even if the past few years I have only been a runner at heart). It makes me happy. The white shoes are running shoes, but the grey adidas are "running in the dirt" shoes (trail running). Plus-Yellow is my favorite color. And there is a lot of dirt by our house. And doesn't running in the dirt sound fun? Maybe I have been in the middle of nowhere for too long ;-) But during these two hours at the shoe store with my sister-in-law I kept picturing myself back in High school running , and how happy I was, and while I don't expect to win any medals, I did keep picturing myself running in races on beautiful (dirt) courses all over. Wierd- I know, but I am giddy just thinking about them nonetheless!!
Totally enjoying a little girl who is soooo into Christmas...that she doesn't mind she is almost as tall as our tree.
Loving her journaling. last week her teacher gave me her journal from the past month, and here are my two favorites:
And out of a spirit of happy thoughts-this one makes me laugh--a snapshot of a nearby house. Anyone need a tire???
Lastly--Twilight :-) Heidi and I just went to see it tonight and I really liked it. I was hoping for the best but expecting the worst after hearing some pretty cheesy reviews. It was a good combination because I really liked it. There were a few parts that i could see what these reviewers were talking about but I expected a whole lot worse. It was a little wierd to see the girl from Grey's Anatomy playing Esme. Put this on the list of movies I would recommend, that Lacie wasn't as fond of.






































No comments:
Post a Comment