Some of our family got creative with their outfits, Here are Sam's brothers at the start of the race. If you think their outfits are a little bizzare, notice they are actually pretty conservative compared to other outfits. Like this group which took the advice to run in your underwear to heart.
It was a great event, and there were some great slogans. Here are my favorites.
The hardest part was listening to them talk about how colon cancer is almost completely preventable. It all depends on being caught early, which in Sam's sister's case-would have meant starting to get colonoscopies in her teenage years. Our family will definitely be supporting new technologies and new tests that are actually likely for younger people to have done. That being said--if you are above age 50 or if anyone in your family has had colon cancer-make sure you go see your doctor for a fun colonoscopy.
The highlights of the event were:
- Sam's brothers starting the race...and running the wrong direction! (Heidi -I am counting on you to find a way to post that video)
- David singing the national anthem, euro tunks and all -we were all shocked when he started singing, and just as suprised that he knew all the words and actually sounded good
- Our group being awarded as the Top Fundraiser (no thanks to us, and our lack of fundraising since we registered late)
And for the family results (to be handy for easy access later, when some opportune time arises)
- 12th 20:09 Zach
- 59th 24:30 Bruce
- 71st 25:26 Heidi
- 97th 26:44 David
- 309th 36:22 Amber
- 444th 51:12 Sam
- 457th 51:58 Mike














































7 comments:
You beat Sam, huh? I hope you don't let him forget it.
Good for you guys!! It looks like a blast! Sorry I haven't had a chance to call you back - I've had a bad cold - we'll chat soon:)
Yeah Amber! You did great for only training a week. I'm glad you beat Sam. I'm sure he has some really lame excuse. Send me an email if you'll be in town over Christmas... maybe we can get together.
Amber, I loved your recap. I had already forgotten about David's national anthem!!! :) That was a lot of fun! I am so glad you guys made the LONG trek down! Those memories will be priceless! :) Also, I think we should both be proud that we kicked our hubbies tushies in the race! :) (Even if I did have to dry heave in front of the crowd to do it. :)
See ya soon!
Looks like you guys had fun...and you're still alive. Back to the couch. :)
Way to go!
Hi Hon,
Glad you put a Shout-Out for Colon Cancer in your blog...we all need the reminder.
In case you didn't know this...Grandma died of Colon Cancer...which means all of us are at a higher risk. I don't think my mom EVER was tested for colon cancer...until they found it, then it was too late.
I am so sorry about Sam's sister. Keep us posted on her progress and tell Sam we love him, and have his sister in our prayers.
Post a Comment