Saturday, November 22, 2008

Redeeming myself

So I have been cooking away today-I made banana bread this morning and then made an apple crisp for desert after lunch. The truth is I have a lot of making up to do. After 3 embarassing mishaps in the kitchen I needed to redeem myeslf.
  • I left a brand new container of milk out on the counter when I left the house-oops
  • I left the brand new container of ice cream on the counter for a good 3 hours while I watched a movie. (to make it worse, I had a few thought while sitting there 'did I leave the ice cream out.' but I didn't even get up to look because I was confident that I had put it away...oops again
  • I screwed up jello...JELLO!! need I say more??!! (sadly, my family who knows me most will not find this at all suprising)

Thankfully when I told my sister she said "it must be the cabin fever, you just need to get out of there" so maybe I will stick with that explanation.

2 comments:

The Caple Crew said...

i have burned mashed potatoes before if that makes you feel any better!;)

Heidi said...

You shouldn't feel bad, trust me, I have done much worse. Like I said last time you were here...after 2 batches of bad brownies and a gross batch of cookies, I too had to bake a few things to try and redeem myself and get my cooking confidence back up. :)