Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wedding outfit


Here is the dress that i decided to wear, I loved the purple color, the only bummer was that the sleeves were wierd so I had to wear something with it. And as for the cute zebra print, I would have totally bought that one-animal print and all--except that it was one that was too short. But I did forget to mention tat I did find a cute cheetah print cropped jacket which is adorable! After shopping for 4 days straight I am no longer in the mood to play dress up, so maybe I will just post pictures of the new outfits as I wear them each sunday. I am sooo excited to actually have some options, usually I would just rotate between 2 different outfits. :-)
As for sewing...I have decided that yes buying is easier...but I would like to better master the 'altering' of clothing. I am no pro or anything, so I can't do a whole lot, but I did buy a cute brown skirt on clearance even though it was about 4 sizes too big and was able to take it apart and resize it. And I would like to get better at adding a sash sized strip of fabric to the bottom of the dresses that are just barely too short...stuff like that. Going to the fabric store is daunting! The fabric and the design of the dresses in the stores don't look too complicated, until you are looking for a pattern in the fabric store, and then browsing through the boring collection of fabrics.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Your dress was perfect and you looked beautiful! I was just going through my wedding pics to blog and realized I didn't get a picture with you. What's up with that!!?? Glad you got one with Car and Lacie though. It was so fun seeing you guys! We need to get together again soon when things aren't so crazy, busy, stressful! (I'm all for altering the DIX fam reunion!!!)

Erin said...

p.s. You guys have way too much fun when stuck in traffic. I'm taking notes!!!

Mhanson said...

I second that, the fabric store is way too daunting. And that would take the fun out of shopping. It is much more fun to shop just to shop rather than having something specifice you have to buy that day. I love the outfit. D

Kirsten Krason said...

You look so pretty. I too have decided that buying clothes is way better than sewing them. Plus I love shopping too much!

Kirsten Krason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delise said...

Cute dress! Congrats on the YWP calling! Bro Germinaro told me when I was called that it would be the hardest and yet most rewarding calling I could have. He was exactly right. Enjoy it!! xo

Heidi said...

You looked beautiful! I love the belt action! :) Can't wait to see more of you finds on you! Sorry it's been a while since I've been blog surfing. Hope you guys are doing well.
Heidi :)