Rach sure has a talent for making stories up on the spot. She is always telling people about her "brother" or her "sister" and even when people know her and try to call her out, she comes up with convincing stories with elaborate details to stand as evidence. Sunday I was watching a movie on tv and there was a short clip where a little girl finds a cat and loves playing with it and says she wants to take it home. Minutes later the phone rang and it was grandpa Lennie. Rachel ran to get the phone and since I wanted to watch my movie I let her just chat away. (i overheard her chatting and later got his side of the converstation) . She starts telling grandpa that we just bought a new kitty!
How much was it? he asked
"one dollar, it was going to be $20 but they didn't want to take all of our money, so it was one one dollar."
at random times she would giggle, and say "oh, the kitty just jumped on my lap!" Oh, she is good!
He asks if he can hear the kitty meow
"you want to hear the kitty meow? Okay." I watch her set the phone down on the floor and then she knelt on all fours and made a short little meow herself."
The conversation went on for quite some time...and then I got on the phone."
'Hi dad'
(rachel glares at me and says "don't tell him")
'Well, tell me about this new kitty. Was someone giving it away? or did you buy one?'
after laughing "Dad...there is no kitty."
(rach is not happy)
"so, You don't have a kitty?"
I wish I had the entire conversation recorded--it really was entertaining.
I don't like to think about it as lying, but so I will stick with creative storyteller.
7 years ago






































7 comments:
You know, Amber, I remember watching a show where someone wished things would be and then acted as if they were. In fact, they say if you want something really badly, you need to really SEE yourself having that. Maybe Rachael is smarter than all of us!!!
I love that she tells stories to entertain. I wish I could get away with doing that. How fun that would be. Life would always be so exciting.
That is hilarious! Love that she had Lennie fooled! :) Also love that she got on all fours to make the meow authentic. What a doll. Ellie lives in her own magical world of make believe too. They are at such a fun age.
p.s. LOVE the apron! You're so creative!
THat is great! You have to keep posting videos of Rachel talking. Jamie loves them! :)
Heidi
Wow, I can't stop laughing. That is funny, and yet I am a little frightened at her shear talent!
Hi!
I just found your blog yesterday. The Rachel stories are great! I can't believe she goes to so much effort paying attention to details like that. What a great kid!
Post a Comment