Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back from our trip

The highlight of the trip!

For those who need a little explanation--this was taken at the gas station in Cedar City, UT--We filled up at my parent's house and this was the first place we stopped for gas, at our destination. AWEOMSE! My mom and I became the first in the family to make it on one tank of gas-only because we were the first ones daring enough to try. ;-) Despite our pride at this achievement we knew my dad may not view it as the same exciting venture, we decided maybe we should keep it to ourselves. Unfortunately, we were caught off guard when one of the first questions he asked us was "So how was the drive? Where did you stop for gas?" Uh.....uh..... So we spilt the beans, and he couldn't believe it, as he has his two or three favorite gas stations picked out and we stop at each one on every trip. For the record, according to our expert calculations we had another 2 gallons left in the tank, so no only were we in no danger of running out, we could have easily gone another 40 miles...hmmmm something to try for next time :-)


We stayed one night at my grandparent's house and were there at the perfect time for some apple picking. Grandpa insisted that Rachel and I weren't picking nearly enough so he insisted on getting on the roof to pick more himself. Mom was a little worried, but as you can see he is an expert and he had it all under control. Thanks grandpa the apples and tomatoes are DELICIOUS!


As for those of you wondering how the shopping for a dress went, here are a few dresses that I liked, I don't have one of the dresses I actually bought-guess I will post those later. Kind of wierd but the places we found the best selection at was Kohl's,Ross and Marshalls. Kirsten--I thought of you when I found this zebra print one-I knew you would be proud, but all of these one piece dresses that were in style were all just a tad bit short, technically long enough, but couldn't be trusted when moving around/sitting down. I like the loose fitting one on the top left, but that style was often too short as well, I love all the graphic prints, but they seemed a bit busy for church on the rez, and since I am the new Young Women's president I will have to look decent. (That's right! Wish me luck!)

What would you do if you were stuck in Dam traffic for an HOUR?

Taking Pictures of the scenery only lasted about 2 minutes.. Here's what we did to keep busy-for the rest of the wait--easily the best hour of the drive!


Singing to the top of our lungs, and practicing our dance moves
Singing while sticking my head out the sun roof! I had the people behind me waving and clapping! LOL! It has been a long time since I felt that spontaneous and fun-glad I still have it in me!

Had to get one of Jamie and Rach. They definitely bonded during the 2 months that they shared a room. Jamie gets so excited when Rach comes and follows her around laughing and shrieking "Ray! Ray!" all day long.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a fun trip. It looks like your having a great time singing out the sun roof.

Kirsten Krason said...

Remember when we went to Kohls and you made me take that picture of the dress you were going to "make". I think buying is easier. All of those look way cute on you!!

Kirsten Krason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said...

You look great in all those outfits. It was fun going to the mall with you. I am excited to see your pictures from the wedding. Avery told me today that she wants to come live at Rachael's house. You want anoter little girl for a while?

KIM D said...

what it with the handicapped person?? did you know them or just thought you'd capture them from their best side? good thinking about the camera in the dressing room.

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Fun! Congrats on being the new YW prez. How many YW do you have?

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

PS I totally want a new dress now - too bad i'm huge!! notice there have not been any pics of me on my blog in awhile

megan said...

let me tell you right now that you are rockin' the zebra print. I think you should go right back and get that outfit. Embrace that fabulous body you have. Don't worry about being a little loud as a young women's president, those are always the best ones

lpsilverstein said...

I can't believe your the new YW president. You'll do great, and I'm sure the girls will love you. How could they not?

Alyssa said...

Ah, dam traffic--the memories. I love those two "pencil" dresses, you look SO cute in them--I've always wanted to be able to pull that style off. Don't you have it when dresses/skirts are just barely too short--grrr that's annoying

Alyssa said...

Whoops, forgot to wish you luck on the whole YW's president thing. I know what you mean feeling like you need to be extra modest now. We'll have to swap ideas every once in awhile! How may girls do you have?