
Most of the time I could care less about my weight. But sometimes I am annoyed that I am so skinny. Right now is one of those times. I am annoyed that you can see the bottom of my ribs, annoyed at my boney shoulders, annoyed that it has possibly contributed to throwing off my shedule of when to have a little sibling for Rach, and annoyed at my lack of "curves" :-). I know, not the problem most people have-but a problem nonetheless. And for those who have the opposite problem and are thinking right now that we have nothing in common-I beg to differ and here is why:
- I am trying my hardest to eat healthy, struggling to plan meals and bummed that all the healthy food is more expensive
- I feel like I am embarking on an impossible task-one where my body is working against me
- I am starting a new plan of counting calories -so I am constantly analyzing everything I eat
(sound familiar?)
I have talked to my doctor, and a nutritionist, then I searched the web looking for someone to lay out a plan of how to gain weight healthily (I am not trying to pull a fast food diet or put on weight like wrestlers do) And I was hoping to find a plan of menus all laid out "Eat these meals for 30 days and you will gain weight." No such luck. But this is the best site I found. (works to lose weight too). My favorite part is that you can enter your current weight, then enter your goal weight-and you can include a goal date you want to reach it in. Then it tells you how many calories you need to eat each day to reach your goal.
My goal: to gain 9 pounds by May 31st. I am on day 4 and I have about a month and a half to go. Wish me luck!






































11 comments:
Rarely do you hear of such a problem and I'm sure it's frustrating that there's a gazillion weight loss plans but no weight gain plans. I've really gotten into the nutritional kick the past year or so and work with a bunch of dietitians. Here's some thoughts I have on a couple things you might want to try to do to gain weight. 1. drink whole milk, or 2% if you drink 1%. 2. Eat roasted, unsalted nuts (raw are healthier but taste awful in my opinion)--nuts are healthy for you but are full of healthy fats and calories. I eat them for a healthy way to curb my appetite because they're supposed to keep you feeling full--but they're high calories and fat may work in your favor. 3. Eat whole wheat bagels slathered in cream cheese (and not the lowfat kind). Whole wheat is healthiest, and bagels have more calories than most other breads.
The dietitians aren't in today but I'll ask them when I see them next.
Sorry if any of my "advice" is "duh, not anything new" but I don't know what you know.
Good Luck!
You go girl! It's great they you are motivated to be your healthiest self. I have known several friends that have a had the same dilema. But don't foget... you are a beatiful gal just the way your are too!!! :)
I'm serious!
Heidi
Amber I really am proud of you for trying so hard to be healthy. Don't give up! In my book I learned if you want to gain you should eat dried fruit, meats, beans, potatoes, breads, fruit juices, peas and corn. I know you can do it!
Thanks for the tips everyone :-) I did buy some whole milk, and i bought some almonds and walnuts (although I haven't eaten any of them yet) I tried drinking some ensure today...FYI-not very good, but hey a nice amount of calories. And Yay! I just bought some bagels and cream cheese today out of luck-I will make sure to "slather" on that cream cheese! I think the key for me is just keeping up with the amount of calories-as I get kind of lazy.
eat, eat, eat! It's about time!! Really, I've never know a grown woman to ONLY order a 99 cent burger from Wendy's. You need more like a tiger and not graze like horse :) You always were a snacker, but seriously--candy won't pack on the LBS you want. okay, I'll stop now--GOOD LUCK! p.s. maybe they could suck what's left of my "baby fat" out of me and squish it into you--ha, ha, ha!
While I don't share your problem at all, my older sister does. We have the same parents but for some reason she struggles to put on weight and it has created a few problems for her in the reproductive area, too. I guess we all have to come to terms with what we have to work with when it comes to our bodies and no body is "perfect"!
Good luck on your quest for health. At least you're in a good state for fresh fruit (though it is still more expensive no matter where you are).
Kim--you are just Soooooo funny! :-) And for the record, I have been known to get a Frosty (or a Rudolph as Rach called it) to go with my 99 cent chicken sandwhich from Wendy's-so there. And speaking of Frostys I would much rather drink one of those than the Ensure drink I just forced down. :-)
What? I always get just a 99 cent burger at Wendys. But for me it's not about being skinny (obviously) but more about being CHEAP!
We will have to keep each other on track. It is hard to eat healthy. We will have to bounce ideas off each other.
You go girl! Hopefully you find some of the poundage I plan on shedding!
BTW, you got some curves girlfriend!
Eat all the time!! Cake, ice cream, pie are some favorites of mine.
Post a Comment