The amount of time a child is in a parent's home is only about one fourth of the parent's life. During that time the child needs to be the priority.
How can mothers reduce the pressure and enjoy your family more:
- the joy of family comes in moments, live in the moment
- Don't over schedule yourselves, or your children. Each family needs some unscheduled time together
- Find time for yourself to cultivate your talents and interests-don't waste time with soap operas and surfing the internet
- Pray, study, and preach the gospel
- show appreciation and give validation
- schedule some evenings together alone
- give your wife a day away now and then, it will greatly enhance your appreciation of your wife
- come home from work and take an active role with your family
- pick up your toys
- make your bed, do other chores-WITHOUT being asked
- say thank you more often-when a meal is made for you, when clean clothes are put in your drawers
President Thomas S. Monson
His wife left a note, "Dear Children, do not let daddy touch the microwave...or the stove, or the dishwasher, or the dryer." this made me laugh.
Honor your husbands, they need a good word...
I am grateful for the opportunity I had to sustain President Monson as the new pophet and for all the talks that were given and the spiritual upliftment they gave me.






































2 comments:
I loved this talk too Amber!
I loved it too and I was thinking of you the whole time.
Post a Comment