Here is what I got done today:
- worked out at the gym
- played in the mud with Rachel all morning (mud pies, mud mountains, mud slides...oh yea)
- cleaned pool
- paid some bills
- fixed a possible bill pay fiasco after being on hold for 30 minutes
here is what didn't quite get done:
- grocery shopping (this morning we had: no milk, no eggs, no bread) oops :-)
- clean the house
- make dinner
- write on my blog (ha ha -Alli-I just noticed this on the list I made yesterday---see I was trying)
- my hair
- my make-up
- work from home for an hour
- read scriptures
In an attempt to get a hold on things I decided that I just needed to figure out the best time to do each thing and figure out a schedule.
best time to:
- work out: 6am (before anyone else is even awake-and earlier than when I normally wakeup)
- shower/do hair and make-up: first thing in the morning-right after breakfast (otherwise you can kiss it good-bye)
- get work done: while rachel is watching morning cartoons
- grocery shop: early in the day-before I get too tired ...(or find something more fun to do)
- have quality time with my child: before lunch-so she isn't tired and cranky
- to clean/work on blog: in the evening after Rach is asleep (except on days when I woke up for a 6am workout)
- see friends: while working out-you get to cross two things off your list
- scriptures: before you get out of bed in the morning
Biggest problem? Too many things for the mornings. Hmmmm how could I fix that? Keep waking up earlier and earlier? Make it longer by pushing lunch back to 3:00 (ha ha that would never work).
And can I just say that I am sick of there always being something that requires me to be waiting on the phone FOREVER! Does it ever stop? Because it sure is not helping my productivity level. Maybe someday I will figure it all out.






































1 comment:
i'm just glad i'm not the only one who struggles with time management. it'll all get done eventually... right? hey... lets get together sometime ok ;)
Post a Comment