Monday, May 18, 2009

Plant Update


I had a close call with my Daisies. Still trying to find the best placement. The tag says it needs a lot of sun...but every time I put it in the sun it gets all droppy and the blossoms get wilted. Even this morning I put it by the window to get some indirect morning sun, and I had to move it because it was happening again. I pretty much lost all of the blossoms it had but it looks healthy and happy again, and as you can see there are 3 new blossoms that are starting to open so thankfully I have a second chance and hopefully I will do better this time around.
um....no pictures of the mums...they don't look so hot ;-) But in my defense I think they are a autumn plant that should never have been sold to me in spring.
Also--I purchased my very own Topsy Turvy Tomato planter so hopefully we will get that up soon and try my luck with a vegetable plant.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi- my name is Adriana... I was in the Singles ward with your in-laws... and was friends with Susan. I indirectly came across your blog... the first time I read your blog, it was a post about books... I am an avid reader myself and knew you were a kindred spirit :) so, I have continually checked back with you and think you are quite funny :)
anyways, just thought I would introduce myself and no, I am not a crazy blog stalker :)
I can't wait to hear your new book reviews!
Your daughter is very cute and reminds me alot of Susan :-)
I, also, like hearing about your experiences on the reservation since we're contemplating signing up for a loan repayment program that would put us in a similar position :)
Sorry this was so long :(
if you need references, please contact Janet :D (j/k), but she is one of my favorite people!

megan said...

we have a tospy turvy and I love it! Those do need a lot of sun, in fact I think mine doesn't get enough sun. My mom has some that get sun pretty much all day and they look awesome! (although she also uses miracle grow)

lpsilverstein said...

Your doing much better with the plants then I do. I do not have a green thumb at all! But to answer your question, mums are an antumn plant. We always had them growing up and an they always came in and bloomed in the fall.