We had been on this hike before as a family, but I had my doubts about going with a bunch of kindergarteners on such a long, steep hike, but they proved to be up for the challenge. (by the way that sign has to be the length of one-way because it sure seemed longer than that.)
The other day I saw Rachel laying out all of her jewelry on a table and pretending she was selling it--I guess when you see stuff like this every day, it makes sense.
.jpg)

On the way back up the trail the kids eventually split into two groups. Group 1 included the faster pace, including some who were elbowing each other and pulling on each others shirts trying to make sure they were in the lead. Group 2 included those who were tired, wanted lots of water breaks, and kept stopping to pick flowers etc. This tunnel was almost to the top and group 1 stopped to let the 2nd group catch up and cheered for them to keep going once they were in sight. Here is the group photo after the hike, a little tired, but everyone made it in 2.5 hours, just longer than expected.
.jpg)
Afterwards we stopped to let the kids play in some water.
.jpg)
Rachel decided to pass on having to put her socks and shoes back on with muddy feet. (I wasn't much help, she probably saw how fast I volunteered to stay on shore and take pictures.)
.jpg)
On the way back up the trail the kids eventually split into two groups. Group 1 included the faster pace, including some who were elbowing each other and pulling on each others shirts trying to make sure they were in the lead. Group 2 included those who were tired, wanted lots of water breaks, and kept stopping to pick flowers etc. This tunnel was almost to the top and group 1 stopped to let the 2nd group catch up and cheered for them to keep going once they were in sight. Here is the group photo after the hike, a little tired, but everyone made it in 2.5 hours, just longer than expected.
.jpg)
Afterwards we stopped to let the kids play in some water.
.jpg)
Rachel decided to pass on having to put her socks and shoes back on with muddy feet. (I wasn't much help, she probably saw how fast I volunteered to stay on shore and take pictures.)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)






































No comments:
Post a Comment