Monday, May 18, 2009

Last minute

So we weren't going to leave this weekend since we had plans to go to Phoenix next week for Memorial Day....but Friday afternoon we realized we needed to get our emissions test done on our car so we decided to go after all. We were dreading it--we love getting out of here, but driving 5 hours to get an emissions test seemed a bit extreme. But... I ended up having a great time (got to spend time with both of our families) and found some great bargains-so to me it turned out to be all worth it.


Playing with the cousins after sleeping over at Grandpa Lennie and Grandma Karla's.




While Rachel was with her grandparents and Sam was golfing, I got to have a morning of shopping all to myself. I got to spend an hour browsing books at my favorite bookstore + I had a coupon for $10 off for my birthday. I went into a used clothing store for kids to grab some things for Rach (for her birthday) and ended up leaving with these great finds for me :-) Lucky brand pants, abercrombie pants with my favorite back pockets, and some seven denim shorts. (all about $20 each) Plus, while digging in my purse I found a full punch card for the store (worth 20% off) and a leftover $5 credit from a return. WOOO!




And was motivated after celebrating my brother's graduation from ASU this weekend (Way to go Bro!) to actually FINALLY buy a frame for my and Sam's ASU Diplomas...only about 6 years later :-) Bonus--I found these for $12 at walmart.
We also were able to trade our family for a bigger car so we could bring a desk back that we had bought. Soooo much better than what we had before. And I think the diplomas are a nice touch above the desk...I feel smarter just sitting here and getting to look at them all day. (the whole reason for actually having to buy a desk was that our laptop died recently...I have to say...I miss it :-) Mostly I miss being able to browse the internet while sitting on the couch in front of the tv.

Also...bought some of this--the commercials were pretty convincing
I will let you know how it works.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Great bargains! You go girl!