

Off to my girls weekend! Reading-partying..sleeping in! Why the camping picture you ask? Well, it turns out that after I left Sam decided to take Rachel camping in Utah (with my entire extended family)--anyone else find the humor in that? more pictures to come. Saw someone famous, but before I got to run up to him and say "please, please, make me look pretty!" - Nick was out the door to catch a cab.


Here is the inside of the hotel--isn't it great! This is about all I saw of Orlando--because the one time we decided to be fun and go catch the trolley to go out to eat...we sat outside at the stop for 30 minutes-in the rain. Yea, it rains a lot there. Our boss eventually felt sorry for us and let us take his rental car so we did get to get out for a bit.

More famous people and free stuff...not sure who this guy is--but all of the student volunteers were impressed and were lining up to meet him. Apparently he has made a big impact on the beauty world. Then comes the bar(s). YEA BABY! At the end of a very long first day we found ourselves at the bar looking for a bite to eat. Now, it isn't very often that I find myself at a bar at 10pm--so I decided to take full advantage of it. I definitely needed a fun drink. Now, I usually don't even attempt this -out of fear of looking like an amateur--but I decided to be brave. I ordered a stawberry daiquari :-) The only disappointment was that they brought it in a regular glass. What about the fancy glass? and the umbrella??
Fancy drink take 2: We go out to eat for dinner and everyone is ordering drinks. The waiter starts talking about a yummy margarita with orange juice and lime, feeling brave from the other night I say "I will take one of those"-without the alcohol of course. But my excited feeling kind of disappears as he just stares blankly at me. Crap. I should have just ordered a coke. So he finally says "Ya know, I don't think this would taste very good without the alcohol, I think this drink would be kind of bitter." So I have to fess up and tell him I have no idea which drinks taste good without the alcohol--I tell him that I just want a fun drink and I ask him if there is a drink he would suggest. His reply, "Um, I think I would recommend....the lemonade." OUCH!!! Talk about being shot down! The lemonade?! I wasn't the only one who caught this, all my friends from work knew this is not what I was going for, so after getting a good laugh one says, "could you at least bring it in a fun glass," and another one says, "yea, and could you maybe put an umbrella in it?" At least he did that--so I still had fun.
Right before I was about to leave I made one last friend, or shall I say, a BFF. And let me tell you--I am so excited! You know that type of girl who just looks cute and fun and you just want them to be your friend. You know the girl I am talking about. I loved her shoes, but I was afraid to go up and tell her because I was afraid that the rest of my thoughts might spill out as well "I like your shoes...and your shirt...and those pants, and your hair...and I am jealous of your job...can I be you?" LOL! Anyway, after casually envying her from a distance, I actually got a chance to talk to her. I know! And somehow in casual conversation it came up that she should be my personal shopper (since I would be moving to the middle of nowhere). She is about my same size, and it turns out that her clothes were from Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe (totally in my budget). This is no new idea of mine--the thought has come to me before--however this is the first time I actually verbalized it to the person. It truely could work. Just whenever she goes shopping, just pick my up some of whatever she is buying and then mail it to me with a bill. We live in different states, so it isn't like we have the same friends who would notice we dress alike. I will keep you posted on how that works out. But she gave me her number and her e-mail address and I already sent her a quick e-mail and got a reply from her--it was definitely fate that we met. Now, if only I can figure out a way to keep my job so that I can see her at the next convention. hmmmmm.
Got this book to read on the way home! YAY! It was great! Thanks Nicole for letting me know it was coming :-)
And lastly, I arrive home to a house filled with boxes. ??? Apparently our new roommates had to move in a week early. A little confused at first..but all is well and the fun has already begun --more on that to come!






































4 comments:
OMGosh! Did you get to meet Nick Orojo??? I love that guy (though he could use a haircut)!
I can't wait to hear all the details!! Looks like you had a blast!
I look forward to your recap. I love how you write on your blog. :)
Heidi
I know this comment is so past due, but I wanted to tell you CONGRATS on your upcoming move! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to see all of you "book worthy" adventures!!
Post a Comment