Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can someone tell me why this is necessary???


I just don't get it-What is the point of adding this to your blog? (okay--so maybe I am just not very good at them). But sometimes I have to type three of four different words before I pass with flying colors.
I understand why you can require people to sign in before they leave a comment on your blog...but what does this word thingy do? I thought word verifications just kept automated computers from doing things. Are there computers out there trying to leave comments on blogs out there??? Or are you really just trying to test your friends as to how much they really love you...and how bad they want to leave that comment? :-)

10 comments:

Natalie said...

I had a bogus reply on my blog a long time ago. I thought it might be an automated thing. That is why I have the word verification. I really don't want to go private so I thought this might help. Sorry it frustrates you.

Kirsten Krason said...

Wow I can't believe you are moving again!!! And you were mad at me for leaving. Ha Ha. I can't wait to hear all about the adventures you'll have in no mans land. Knowing you, you will find plenty to do.
About word verification. I was getting spam/fake replies as well that caused viruses so I had no choice. Sorry I know it's annoying!

Carmen said...

Here is a link to my blog. I hope the move is a good one for you guys.

Missletoe said...

Ya, I was getting comment spam that looked virus-ish (maybe I am paranoid), so I added the word verification and it is no longer a problem.

Cherisa said...

I had the word verification on for a while for the same reasons as everyone else. But I recently took it off because I find it annoying, too (though I don't mind so much that I don't comment). I havent' had any other random posts/spam posts so maybe it's something that only happens occasionally.

Anonymous said...

Candy anyone?

megan said...

ha ha I love it! Yeah what the heck moving already! I'm just kidding it will be a great thing for your family

Lennie & Karla said...

I used to think it was dumb too, then 2 days ago when I was adding a post to our dix family page I got this very bad comment, while I was trying to get rid of it another comment came in that was just as nasty as the first I could not get rid of either one not matter what I did so I had to start over ooooh I was mad. So maybe it's not so dumb after all.

Lennie & Karla said...

I thought they were dumb too, then 2 days ago as I was up dating the Dix family blog I got 2 very bad and nasty comments that I could not get rid of no matter what, I had to start all over, I was so mad. I beleive they are automatic and they want you to click on the link. So I changed the settings to keep the junk out. mom

Amber said...

thanks for all of the input--I will watch out for those crazy comments. And I will try and cut everyone a little more slack ;-)