Let me just say to all of you Dental school students out there--enjoy your life now! :-) You may feel a little bit short changed, a little tight in the pocketbook--but somehow--taking out all those loans never really stressed me out...however...The repayment phase of ALLLL of those loans...not so much fun!
Sam and I have been feeling that we would love a change of pace. Love a change of scenery. Sam really took this idea to heart and found a job...in the middle of nowhere. No really, I am not exaggerating. Some of you may have wondered why I posted that picture of the cow on the left side bar. We took that picture while we were leaving the town ...where we will soon call home. That's right. I may have been all talk...but Sam is a man of his word. He found a job somewhere...that will definitely be a change of scenery. Still in Arizona...barely :-) (For any of you who think I am crazy for going along with this idea--just know how 'gung-ho' he was to take a job in Nome, Alaska. Do you know where that is? goggle it right now. Not only is it in ALASKA--it is nowhere near a city--in fact there are no roads connecting it to any other city in the state. So let's just say that I jumped on this bandwaggon in order to stay off that one.) :-)
I must say that I have the best husband ever --he explained very clearly that he was thinking only of me-
- Two years here will definitely be "book worthy". (I was kind of complaining that my life in AZ was kind of boring and if I did another blog book --it wouldn't even compare to my boston book because I don't ever go anywhere exciting.)
- I won't have to work (something about a 'native american preference' where all the jobs on the reservation go to native americans)
- I know there were lots more reasons... I just can't think of them right now :-)
In all honesty, we are both excited for this change:
- plenty of outdoor recreation available.
- no chance at being sucked into shopping and wasteful spending (because there are NO STORES!!) ha ha ha ha ha
- no more commuting to work
- a job with a guaranteed salary
- a nice benefit package
- ultimate frisbee every week
- scenic views
- a break from the heat (not as hot as phoenix, and it snows in the winter)
For all of my current friends--don't give up on me yet--I still have a few good months plenty of time for a few good parties. AND we tricked our new tennants (a family member) into allowing us to stay in our house when we come back to visit. (which I think will happen about once a month..although Sam thinks it will be a few more days than that) -- I think I have only seen some of you about once or twice this month--so really it won't be too different. okay. long post alert. must stop typing now.






































9 comments:
Congrats! I still think you should move to Atlanta and Sam can be my Associate. Then I can spend more time relaxing and less time working :-) So where is this IHS gig?
WOW! Moving huh! Where is this place in the middle of nowhere? Will it for sure be a two year thing? Need more details please.
(and congrats...fun!)
When are you moving? What is the town called? I need more details too!
So where are you going? Is it on the reservation?
So is this one of those government sponsored deals where you work in the middle of nowhere and they pay you extra or something?
Are you sure you won't make up for the lack of shopping on your monthly trips into Phoenix??
We are sooooooo sad you are leaving. I love that we can hang out at last minute and that our kids have so much fun playing together. You will come visit I know and we will be here when you come back.
Okay, so I got your email about where you are going, and all I can say is....YOU ARE BRAVE! And a nice supportive wife! It sounds like quite the adventure! When will you leave?
another adventure for you! It seems like you just moved back and I still haven't seen you and now your leaving again. :( funny how things like that make you take for granted the things you could have been doing all along. I know you'll make great memories though!
Why are you doing this to me? I'm sure Kirsten is cracking up laughing right now because now I am alone. This is awful. Ha but I am supporting you...
Post a Comment