A house with a Dishwasher
(Because this is getting old)
Good places to eat out
Don't get me wrong--I was psyched to find out recently that we have our very own authentic mexican food booth at the flea market. Only on Fridays. Between the hours of 10 and 3. They actually made fresh tortilla chips right in front of me that were really good. They had burritos, tomales, and tacos, and fresh salsa and guacamole. But it was no Friday night at Boca's (a favorite mexican place in Boston where we would meet up with friends on Friday night).
Funny story --my friend Lisa invited me to go with her and when we got there I felt like I was in such a happenin' place. I actually ran into about 10 people that I knew there, doctors from the hospital, friends from another nearby town, Sam's friends, some teachers from Rachel's school. I have been here for 2 years and never heard about this place, but apparently everyone else has. :)
This place was swamped all day! at times I bet there was about a 45 minute wait.
But you have to realize for comparison, what we have to work with.
- An A&W (that is always out of root beer, and not to mention sells nothing edible.)
- A pizza hut that is connected to a hotel--(where the pizza is always nice and soggy )
- A Church's Chicken (again--not really edible...not if you don't want to take the chance of getting sick)
- a chinese place (similar to panda express) which has decent beef and broccoli and egg rolls (but how often can you eat the same meal?)
- A Burger King. (enough said. though I do like their cinni minis--but never get there during breakfast)
- And a Subway (same as any other subway--but again --you can only get so excited about subway)
- Oh, and three restaurants that are connected to the 3 hotels in town--which obviously are priced towards all of the tourists here hiking Canyon de Chelly, because for just average food you end up leaving paying at least $40 for a family of 3.
I drive past this guy many times a day, and I hear that his Spam Burritos are actually really good. Though for some reason I have yet to try one myself. go figure :)
And the final qualification is that it has to be a place with fun things to do. Here are some possibilities that would be acceptable.
A park with grass
a Library
a golf course
a Target
(you get the idea)
So basically, what we are saying is...it won't take much to make us happy!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)






































4 comments:
love this post!!
Austin! We have dishwashers and Targets and restaurants aplenty!
Austin! We have dishwashers and Targets and restaurants aplenty!
Amen.
Post a Comment