One of the fun things about Halloween is that it is a holiday that lingers. Rachel got to wear her halloween costume to school today for her class party, and then we have a neighborhood halloween party at the park tomorrow, a church party tomorrow night, and then real Halloween the next night. Rachel choose to be a cheerleader--and more specifically a Wildcat's cheerleader. I was a little confused at first why she chose that particular name. I thought she was talking about the Chinle High School Football team because their mascot is the Wildcats. Then I got her to explain a little more--and she told me that this boy in her class plays football with his friends during recess and their team is the wildcats--and she cheers for them. :) Ha ha So cute! It later came out that they got their name from the High School Musical because their school mascot is the Wildcats. So when I showed her pictures of Cheerleader costumes online she got so excited she found this one that is from High School Musical.
We haven't been in Chinle for a Halloween yet--but I am actually excited to be here because apparently it is CRAZY! Since so many of the houses here are spread out, the government housing neighborhood where we live is one of the few places where kids can come and actually walk from house to house to go trick-or-treating. We have been warned to buy TONS of candy and be prepared for non-stop trick-or-treaters from around 6:00 until the security guards send everyone home. Should be interesting. :)
Go Wildcats!
Hope your halloween weekend is full of fun!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)






































1 comment:
How cute is she!
If I were you, I would just turn my lights off and keep all that candy for the kids to myself...
Post a Comment