Training for the half marathon in January was going along great, until last week, when the glorious fall weather turned to cold winter weather. Probably my fault for rubbing it in to my family in Phoenix that we had such nice weather the past few weeks. Waking up in the morning at 6am and having to run in the dark is hard enough, without waking up to FREEZING temps. And with 12 weeks to go until race day, and winter just beginning, it doesn't seem like it is going to let up any time soon. I planned on running this morning but nixed that idea when I saw it was only 30 degrees--I decided to wait until it warmed up...so as of 1:00 it had warmed up to a whole 45 degrees--(wahoo!) and having postponed my shower for the day I wanted to get it over with, so I bundled up and told myself "at least it is sunny."
I have warmer layers but I didn't think I would need them--wrong. Hopefully with more practice I will get better at choosing my running attire each day--because being not too hot and not too cold helps the run be much more enjoyable.
For the record, the first mile of any run is also not my friend. As much as I enjoy running, yes usually I enjoy it, it just takes me a while to get into the groove--and the cold wind on top of that made me want to turn around and come home. But I didn't and I guess that counts for something. Oh also not my friend: mud puddles. I have no trouble avoiding them...however my runny buddy doesn't seem to try and avoid them at all--at least she didn't lay down and roll in them today like she has done in the past, but I still had to hose her legs off when I got back.
today's workout: Casual 3 mile run, didn't time it.
workout planned for tomorrow: Running at the crack of dawn with Real Friends :) Eskimo photos to come!






































1 comment:
6:15am tomorrow!! I'm thinking 4 @ 10:30 pace. :)
Post a Comment