Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Official....we jinxed it

Some of you know that the last couple of places we have moved to were promptly cursed with some of the worst weather on record. Our first winter in Boston was one of the coldest on record, the second winter was one of the snowiest in decades. The first summer after we moved back to Phoenix they hit an all-time record of 29 days over 110 degrees (not to mention the number of days over 100). My mom was asking the other day if I thought it would happen again...and apparently the curse has followed us here as well. This weekend with all of the wind and dust I heard the familiar phrase, "it's not usually this bad." The locals said it in Boston, they said it in Phoenix, and now they are saying it here. So today when I dropped Rach off at school and her teacher said "I can't believe this wind, I mean -it is usually windy in the spring here, but not this windy and dusty. " I found myself saying "I'm sorry, it's all my fault."

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the pic of Rachel and the poop on her glove!!! She looked very cute on Sunday and hopefully that wind will start settling down for you guys. THat is crazy. You can't see a thing.

Erin said...

Funny post Amber! How fun that you're going on a cruise in June! When do you leave? You'll have to give me all of the details. I don't know when we'll be here in June yet. We were supposed to go to Cancun at the end of May but thanks to this lovely Swine flu that trip may not be happening. I don't know if we'll go somewhere else or what...???

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber! It looks like you guys are in Chinle? Is that right? How in the world did you end up there? What are you up to? I hear that your husband did dental school in Boston. True? Your daughter is cute. Sad but funny that she got so much poop on her! It's a good thing moms like to blog about stuff like that. Now she'll never forget it:)!