Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's 9am...and I am EXHAUSTED!

Today was one of those mornings. A Little Miss Diva Day --if you will. Rach was taking f-0-r-e-v-e-r to eat breakfast, so I thought I would help her out by picking out some clothes. I was even nice, and found a cute skirt and tights that I would find acceptable (even though it is about 28 degrees outside).

When she walked in she just stared at it. Apparently my choice was not as grand as I thought. She said "if I wear this I am going to be the purple girl." hmm whatever. Itold her I was going to take my shower and if she didn't like it-that's fine, just pick something and get dressed. So after my shower I come in to check on her and of course, still not dressed. She found something she wanted to wear, only she can't reach it-because it is in the top of the closet. (which means it is there because it is off limits, it doesn't fit) The dress is too big, and besides her pink tights are not clean. So she finds her white tights and brings them to me "well can I wear these?" Well, I guess you could...wait--are those clean or did you get them out of the dirty clothes?" (no answer). I can see they are dirty so I tell her she can't wear them today, I tell her she can't wear them, and she starts putting them on, then puts the shirt on, then the dress.

Then she says most of the dirty parts will be covered up-the dress is long and she will wear her black boots. Maybe I am wrong, but something isn't right. The dress itself is cute, but it's too big, and back to the part where the tights are filthy! lol! So I stand my ground and tell her she needs to change. Here is what she thought of that. (by now I am seeing the humor and snap another picture). Her life is soooo hard.

So the morning continues and I finally get her to put something else on, here is what she left with. When I told her I wanted to take her picture she struck a diva pose like this was her favorite outfit. Wierdo! :-) (ps -this close-up is proof they are dirty)


She is my little girl, and I love her.

I do have another similar story to tell from yesterday. Okay so I show up a little late to school and when I get to her classroom they are gone--already left for the buses. So I hurry to the office to get a slip to be able to take her off the bus. The wind is blowing, and it is very dusty, and I jog toward the buses to make sure they don't drive away. The bus driver sends her up and she glares at me. Now let me explain. She did enjoy riding the bus..until the fun wore off and she got sick of the hour long ride. She hasn't riden the bus in months. She has a friend that always tries to convince her to ride the bus and before I leave Rach always whispers in my ear "I want you to just pick me up." So even though I was a little late, I made it, I was there to rescure her. Only she starts tearing up and says "Mom, I told you I wanted to ride the bus today." Crap. She did say that, yesterday, and while I did forget -even if I had remembered I would have assumed that she had since changed her mind since she always does. I apologized and told her "well, I am here now, how about I take you home today and you can ride the bus home tomorrow." I thought she might go along with that, but she replied "but I don't want to lie to my friend. I promised I would ride the bus today." So I found myself running back to my car through the dust storm...by myself and went home and waited for her to get home on the bus.

And she arrived happy as can be.

5 comments:

Lacie said...

I was like that when I was little. I would change my out fit a couple of times before school when I was Rachel's age. Guess what, I still find myself doing it at age 28. Good luck with that, she may not grown out of it. Remember Trevor and is sox having to be just right to put the shoe on. Talk about a drama boy!

Bonnie said...

I can remember Carly and Erin going through the same thing....Carly wanted to wear flip flops in January and her cowboy boots in July! Remember when my girls would wear a sock around their ponytail? But little Austin was so mellow and No Drama....never did he pitch a fit...hell, he still doesn't care today what he wears....he just gets something out of the closet and wears it!! Girls are sooooo different...aren't you? I love it!

Casey and Brynn said...

How cute. I am excited to see what kind of diva moments my little girl will have.

Karla said...

Next thing ya know she won't let you touch her hair. Have fun!!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

You mean it doesn't get better as they get older?? Good fo ryou for sticking your ground - I'm always like, OK you want to wear your superman cape, cowboy boots, and green pants to church..... fine.:)