Rachel and I spent the day on Friday making sugar cookies. I let her pick though the cookie cutters and choose the christmas ones, and she really wanted to do a heart. I tried to talk her out of using the heart--since it is more valentines than Christmas. She was ready with a speedy response "but mom, Christmas is all about love and hearts are about love." Dang she is good. She also insisted that we make blue frosting, I mentioned once that blue wasn't really a Christmas color but when she didn't agree I gave up and made some blue frosting. She was so giddy and laughing so hard I had to help her hold the tray so she wouldn't drop it. Just a side note, we also made snickerdoodles (since my brother on his mission made a special request) and as fun as it was to decorate the sugar cookies...when faced with a choice for desert she goes for the snickerdoodle every time. I would have put my money on the pink ones with a pile of sprinkles...go figure :-)
7 years ago






































4 comments:
Mom and I are laughing right now. We love that post! Cute Rachel...hearts are definitely appropriate for Christmas! Who would have known. :) I love that picture because you both look so happy. Love you guys. Have a great Christmas! :)
What a cute silly girl! Those are some great looking cookies!
So cute. I wish I could have hired her to help me make cookies for my Sunday school class Saturday night. It took me hours and I did not enjoy it as much as she did.
Hey AMber,
I have finally managed to go blog surfing. It has been a while. I like your Susan tribute and all the snow pictures. That was great to learn baout the Navajo winter games and the sugar cookies looked yummy! Hope you guys had a nice, fast, safe ride home. :)
Heidi
Post a Comment