(real pictures coming soon)Last night I went on a trip with the girls from youth girls from church and we slept over at someone's lakehouse. We had so much fun! We played Nerts, Scum, and Up and Down the River, had a barbeque, laid out in the sun, and went out on the boat. I went wake boarding for the first time in about 9 years--(back when I was in young womens.) And can I just say...I did Awesome! I got up on the first try, and I was very impressed with that. I even stayed up for a while, and that was enough to make me happy...it didn't even matter when later I took a few dives, OR when I was finished with my 10 minute stretch of skiing and my leg and my butt muscles were twitching because they were overworked. lol! seriously it was so funny. I thought I had been working out at the gym...but apparently not so much. Now I remember how water skiing/wake boarding uses all kinds of muscles that you didn't know you had.
Last night when everyone started going to bed, I wasn't really tired anymore, so Kirsten and I stayed up chatting about everything...and a whole lot of nothing--until 2:30am (For the record-she was totally enjoying herself, and was doing plenty of talking herself--even though this morning she tried to act like I kept her up all night.) :-) It made me remember all of my fun sleepovers back in my younger days. I always have my biggest epiphanies when I am up late like this, and last night I had plenty (not that I remember all of them) but one of them was about how I want to feel more grown up...and more young at the same time. Confusing I know. What's new for me huh? Basically--in some ways I wish I could find some things to do so I can feel more like a grown up: maybe go on a grown up vacation, maybe hang out after work in a bar/coffee shop/cafe, or maybe just be spontaneous and go out on dates every weekend. Then in some ways I wish I could so some things to feel young again. Maybe it was getting married young, or having kids soon after that, but I just feel like I am always very responsible, and mature ...and well, I think I am done with that. Or at least I wish for one day here and there I could be young, and irresponsible, and carefree. Like Instead of doing chores on saturday--going to the lake and spending money we don't really have on renting Jet Skiis. Doesn't that sound fun!!?? Now ...if I can only convnince Sam to be carefree for the day :-) Thanks girls for such a fun day! Here's for hoping I look more tan than sunburned tomorrow :-)






































5 comments:
I am WAY more sunburned than tan. I loved having a sleepover with you. I enjoyed talking to you even if some of the converstion is a little fuzzy in my mind. The Lake was so much fun!! I think it is great you want to have some grown up hobbies. I am sure you will find some and maybe next time people will actually come to your play group. I will really miss you when I move! What a fun weekend!
S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y. tell that husband of yours to get a job and buy US a lake house to play at. Who knows, maybe we'll move to AZ instead of UT?!?!
Well we will have to have some girls nights where we stay up way too late painting toes, drinking virgin mixes and talking about cute boys (our hubbys). Let's plan it for sure.
I totally know what you mean about wanting to be grown up and still be young. I agree that it's probably because we got married so young--but I can't say I totally understand since I don't have a little one. Or maybe...it's because "Girls just a wanna have fun un..." ;) So, are you serving in young womens? What exactly is your calling?
It was so fun out on the lake. I am totally sore and sunburned. It is hard getting old. It was fun staying up late and talking about our wedding days.
Post a Comment