Sunday, January 27, 2008

A good movie...in many ways!

On Friday night my sister and I went to see 27 Dresses. It was really good-i recommend it to anyone looking for a great chic flic. And an added bonus was to be able to see so many great....WALL COLORS! I chose this photo because I love the color of the walls here. I also liked the blue color of the walls at the newpaper writer's office. So if you go to see it-let me know what you think :-) I want to go bold with wall colors-not necessarily bold I guess-because all of the shades I like are in the muted family-but no one will be able to say "are your walls painted?" They will say "Wow-your walls are gorgeous!" :)
I used to think dark colors made a room feel small, but we have high ceilings-and this house is bigger and more open than the small apartments that awkwardly feel more like home-so maybe it will help it to feel more cozy. I am thinking about using a taupe color for the hallways.
And maybe a blue in the kitchen/family room--probably more of a mute slate blue than this photoAnd I love the way this brown bathroom looks-so maybe I could find a place to paint something like this.




6 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

I definitely think you should go with the whole blue/brown thing in your house. It would look really good. I like that brown color a lot. If you go to the paint store see if you can order a little sample. Then put that on your walls. It never looks exactly the same once it's on your wall. But just have no fear!! Tell me when you are going to paint and I will come over and help you!

The Caple Crew said...

We went on a double date Saturday night with a couple in our ward and we saw that movie too. (Ofcourse the chicks picked out the movie) When we walked in there were these 2 old ladies behind us that said. "Oh those poor guys, I feel bad that they have to sit through this movie, it's such a chick flick!" It was su funny to hear them say it. You know they were trying to be quiet about their comment but sill had to say it loud enough for the other one to hear!

Cherisa said...

I just saw 27 Dresses with a friend last week and loved it, too! I think it's hillarious that her sister calls her New York apartment "small" and "cozy" when her closet it so huge and the apartment itself seems gigantic for New York (or Boston, for that matter). Isn't it funny what you take away from a film, though? Good call on the color ideas!

KIM D said...

I cannot WAIT to see this! I may have to watch it a few time to truly appreciate the great color choices though :) You seriously are OBSESSED with paint to notice such trivial things--hee, hee :)

Casey and Brynn said...

Some people I babysit for have that exact blue in one of their bathrooms, with yellow accents and it looks amazing. Also, some other people I know have brown like that in most all the walls in their home and I think it looks so great! It really makes a home feel more homey.

Missletoe said...

I LOVE the blue! I have been thinking about that color too. In the end, I think it would make my house look like a cave. So I will keep dreaming of bigger rooms and higher ceilings! Thanks for posting the name of the paint.