Sunday, January 27, 2008

All things political

One change I would like to make this year is to become more informed about all things political. However,-On this 27th day of the new year-I am realizing that I don't know how to reach that goal. I have missed every debate and news conference so far and the only first heard about the tax refunds hoping to stimulate the economy on saturday from my good friends Kirsten. So for all of you who feel they are up to date-please let me know how you do it. How do I hear about the debates before they are on TV? What is the secret source for all your political information? Should my resolution be to read the newspaper online every day? Should I subscribe to some sort of news headlines via e-mail (oh-that is a great idea! -does anyone have a good site they subscribe to?) Listen to talk radio? What am I missing?

6 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Amber!!! wAY TO GO! Talk radio all the way. I am obsessed. 960 and 550 are the best in AZ. We usually don't have the channels the debates are on so we we watch them on Youtube. You can find most any debate on there It is not too late to become informed!! You can also visit the candidates websites if you are wondering where they stand on issues. It is so fun to learn about these things. you will love it.

Liz said...

hey! i've become much more politically informed and really enjoy it. my homepage whenever i get on the computer is CNN.com which gives a lot of great info. YOu can also go to all the candidates' websites for specific info on them.

Jeni said...

I wouldn't worry too much if you've missed the debates on TV because you can watch them in full on the internet afterwards. That's what we do. Just google it...you'll find them

Casey and Brynn said...

You are good to want to be informed. Casey loves politics, and I am so not into it. He listens to talk radio and watches everything on You Tube.

Delise said...

I second talk radio. I also like this blog: www.article6blog.com

I'm trying to get more informed myself! Maybe you should write a blog entry once in awhile about what you learn that is politically oriented? I'd read it! ;)

KIM D said...

politics SERIOUSLY bore me!! I have tried to get into the whole thing & it's hopeless...I don't think I'm even registered to vote--PATHETIC!