Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cross My Heart

This new book that I am reading-is soooo good! I started reading last night when Rachel went to bed, and I read 175 pages in 3 hours. You know those books where there are tons of secrets-like two people love each other but neither one tells each other and years go by before they find out-only when they are both married to other people and it never works out-kind of like a soap opera. (That is exactly what Rosie Dunne was like if anyone else over read that one.) Well this book is not like that. There are lots of secrets which keeps it exciting-but they just keep getting revealed. If someone likes someone-it is only a matter of pages until they tell them. The narrator also lets you in on some of the secrets that the character doesn't know yet. I would think that the reason those other books keep everyone in the dark is so that they could keep you in suspense. But I still feel like I am hanging on the edge of my seat waiting to hear how they are going to get everything to work out. It has been very refreshing reading a book that is written this way-I am totally hooked and have already added it to my list of favorites--i just hope the ending isn't horrible!

*As for me locking myself out of things, it definitely started as my mom said when I locked my little brother in the car when he was about 2, I would have been about 8--the fire department was called to get it open...and I didn't confess that I was to blame until after I was in college. (and could no longer be grounded) :-) Then I definitely locked my keys in the car a lot in high school-but for the record-I am pretty sure Nicole did that more times than me. :-) Then I remember I was still locking my keys in the car in college-which I did one of the first times that I met Sam. And we can't forget when I locked Rachel in the house in Massachusetts while I stepped outside to grab the mail. She had just fallen asleep and was in her crib and so I wasn't worried-but it was early in the day and Sam wouldn't be home until evening. So I started to break in through the kithen window-which was the only one that was slightly open --but I was having a hard time, barefoot and climbing on the only thing I could find in the basement -which were some bars that go underneath a mattress on a bunk bed. So When I saw a cop car go by out front I figured I may regret it later if I didn't ask for a little help-like a boost or something because I still couldn't reach the window. His idea of help was a little different than mine-as he promptly called the fire department who showed up with sirens blaring and two other cops stopped by to check what was going on.

In case you are wondering I did get the Locksmith's card-I just hope there is some sort of Frequent buyer rewards program :-)

No comments: