We made this last night and it was super Yummy! I have to admit, I was flipping through all my old Better Homes and Gardens magazines looking for recipes that I wanted to save and this caught my eye, mainly because it looked colorful in the picture, and it had cilantro in it. (I have a nice little plant of fresh cilanto that is still alive and I was dying for a recipe that let me use some of it). Sam loved that it was so Full of Flavor--though it was a bit spicy with the jalapeno so I would suggest keeping those separate and let the family members who like their food spicy add it to their plate, and to make it even more kid friendly keep the onions out too. The lime and cliantro together was delicious!!
slight changes: We only used one avacado, about one-fourth of a large red onion, and only half of a jalapeno. It needed a little something to go with it, so we made some instant brown rice. (I got this idea from somewhere recently, I don't usually buy instant rice, but brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice, so I usually never make it--but the instant rice made a nice easy addition.) The chicken I used was pretty thin already so I didn't cut it in half to make 'cutlets', I just punded it with my super heavy marble rolling pin. For those of you who haven't ever made cutlets before this is for you:
When cooking on the stove, having evenly-thin chicken pieces makes it easier to cook the chicken evenly so it stays moist and doesn't get dried out while you are waiting for the thickest part to be cooked throughout. This picture says to flatten with your hand, but you can also pund it with something heavy--I would suggest putting a piece of plastic wrap over it or put it in a plastic bad before you start pounding.
Enjoy!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)






































No comments:
Post a Comment