Thursday, February 4, 2010

Decorating




Here are some looks that I enjoy--borrowed from HGTV's ratemyspace.com and from my friend Kirsten's design website....
 And here is all I have so far--obviously I need a lot of help :-) 
After going back and forth on whether or not to decorate here--or just wait till we move, I have decided to go ahead and decorate...but try to choose items that will also work in my "real" house  (ie--the house that Mike and Heidi have already lived in longer than we did--but we have hopes of someday returning to)

I want to bring in the green color as an accent, but I think I also want a second accent color--maybe a blue-grey, or another color that pops...not sure what.

I hadn't bought a bedskirt because I hoped to buy a bed frame that wouldn't require one...but we are going to wait on that for now...and so I should probablky get an inexpensive one for now...but in what color? White-to blend in with the bed? brown--to pretend like it is a bedframe? khaki--I saw something like that in a hotel that looked pretty-but then the walls were khaki too.  

If anyone has any brilliant ideas--please share :-)

2 comments:

Erin said...

What about silver/grey? The color of your pillows. Or green. Either would look great. You're off to a good start! I like the bed.

Kirsten Krason said...

Do you have a headboard? If not, upholstered headboards are so cool these days and you can easily make one yourself. I love the green and grey and maybe a little red or yellow. Or even purple if you are brave.