This little girl just looked too cute when she was all ready for school--she is definitely in the silly stage every time I try and snap a picture, you can't really tell but she is giving herself bunny ears.
When I was back in Phoenix the last week in January I had a blast! The first day there I hung out with my sister in law and Rachel's cousin Jamie, and later a few friends from Chandler and ended up spending the whole day in the sunshine at three different parks. It was such a nice break from the cold snowy weather up here. The other thing I did was go thrift store shopping. I remembered my love of thrift store shopping and the fun of the hunt. I went with my college roommate Megan to Name Brand Exchange in Mesa and I had fun trying on expensive jeans like True Religion, that were still about $70--apparently that is a bargain compared to their retail price. I went with Heidi to Turnstyle in Ahwatukee, and we both bought some jeans under $7. nice! I got all of these books at Savers with my mom and dad (some I have already read...but I loved them and wanted to be able to see them on my bookshelf) plus bought Rachel a bunch of books and games and it was all under $30. (I had just splurged and bought 3 books from Barnes and Nobel a few weeks ago and for just those 3 books alone I think I spent around $40.) Rachel was in heaven:
"mom can I get a book"
"Sure!"
"mom, can I get this one too"
"Sure"
mom, look it's guess who, and I have always wanted to play Guess Who and we don't have it, can I get it?"
"Sure!" :-)
You get the idea, she ended up with this game, and about 10 books.
last weekend it was sunny enough that we wanted to be outside so we tried to go on a hike in the canyon...turns out it was still pretty muddy so we didn't get far, but here is Rachel with her friend-note more silly faces.
Rachel's other friend was over and we made pink, heart-shaped rice krispy treats for Rachel's party at school. (those two things in the background are the extent of my Valentine's decorations so I thought I would get those in the photo too :-)
Every time I turned my back these two were snitching from the pan.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)






































2 comments:
Dang - I'm bummed I missed the bargain shopping. And I'm writing down some of those book titles:)
mmmwwwwaaahaaaahaaahaaaa! Looks who is blog stalking now ;o)
Post a Comment