Friday, February 27, 2009

Neener Neener

The baby bug is definitely going around and while I am happy to hear about all of your new babies, or that you are expecting (YAY To you!), I can't help but also feel a little jealous. So -for my well-being I needed to remember all of the things I am grateful for at this stage (and if it just so happens to make Katie, Christine, Nicole, Brynn, Cherisa, Cherise, Denia, Jamie, Jennie, Jen, Jen, Kim, Kirsten, Liz, Natalie, Kelly and Lora a little jealous in return…well that is just a nice coincidence :-) (see-I am not crazy EVERYONE is having babies!)
  • My one child is in school full-day (during which time I can clean my house, go to the grocery store by myself, or sit at home and eat bon bons)
  • If I do take my daughter to the grocery store, I still have a pleasant experience
  • I haven’t been nursing for 5 years
  • I haven’t had to change or buy diapers for 4 years
  • For the past 4 years my daughter is usually in bed at 7:30, leaving me a couple hours to spend time with Sam, read books, or watch my tv shows
  • As long as she gets her bedtime story and song she willingly goes to bed
  • When my daughter wakes up, she just watches cartoons and gets herself breakfast when she gets hungry
  • My daughter sits quietly through sacrament meeting (no siblings to pester or steal her toys/snacks)
  • I have no stretch marks
  • I do not have to lug an infant car seat everywhere
  • I can leave my child for days at a time with a babysitter with no worries
  • When I leave the house all I need to grab is my purse and my keys
  • I don't have to fish toys out of the VCR, the toilet, or any other place they shouldn't be
  • I do not have spit-up on any of my clothes
  • I don't have to listen to tantrums
  • when I go to the park I can sit and talk with other mom's while my child runs off to play
  • I get an average of 9 hours of sleep a night

9 comments:

lpsilverstein said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not pregnant!

Alyssa said...

I'm not either and I'm totally in the same boat (well, with the first part)--but I only know 15 who are pregnant (oh, make that 14 one just gave birth).

And add to that list, that you at least have one.

Unknown said...

What a life! My turn to be jealous. What is sleep?

Glad you decided on the long PHX break to see bro and be at the airport.

by Chris posing as DB

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Live it up - I've been sick for 6 weeks straight thanks to my little one and haven't seen my husband since she's been born. we already started counting down until we can leave her overnight.

Lanae said...

okay i am soooo jealous right now! the nine hours of sleep is on the top of my list. it was good to see you.
lanae

The Caple Crew said...

ha ha you crack me up! You're right...grocery trips are not fun with 2 kids, I am so sick of diapers, sacrament meetings are mostly spent in the hallways, and haven't had a date night in 11 weeks!!!

Natalie said...

You are hilarious. I do have to say I am a little jealous.

Mhanson said...

I am kindof in your stage now that my kiddos are pretty much self sufficient or my older can take care of little Ave (make breakfast etc.) I think I am in for a reawakening when my new baby comes and I am thrown back into changing diapers and no sleep. Right now I'm just jealous that you can go a whole day without hovering over the toilet!

Melonius said...

You know I'm not pregnant and I have never had stretch marks. But we make it through very few sacrament meetings. . .No tantrums? Really?