Wednesday, February 25, 2009

HOORAY! My little brother is home!

Last week Trevor got home from his mission in Roseville California. Two years seems like forever and like it has flown by all at the same time.

Two of Trevor's friends that were just as excited as our family to see him. Trevor and Zach are like JD and Turk.


Thankfully we had a good excuse to be in the Valley for Valentines day so we could eat out at a real restaurant. One I wouldn't look out of place in if I dressed up a little bit, somewhere that served something other than pizza or navajo tacos. I even put in some pink clip-in highlights and was feeling quite fun. Not sure if you can even see them in this photo--but I made it small since it's already a bit close up :-)
And it also turned out that Rach and I were left in Phoenix for a week while Sam came back up to work. So that left plenty of time to hang out with my family, watch movies, meet friends at the park, go to church in "our" ward, and go to bookstores and libraries--YAY!!
I do feel a little bit guilty for pulling Rach out of school for 7 days...but then I remember that she is only in kindergarten so it isn't like she missed anything. (she can already read and I just had her write her letters and numbers one time, and then practice counting my 5's and 10's and i figured that was good :-) She did miss 10 days of school in December so I just told mylelf that as long as she doesn't miss any more days it is totally fine. ...And then Sam told me that he took two days off of work for our anniversary next month, and already found a babysitter so we can go away for a weekend (a trip he is planning all on his own)--So needless to say I am ecstatic and had no trouble justifying just 2 more days :-) ...after all it is only Kindergarten. :-)

1 comment:

Erin said...

YEAH!!!! TREVOR!!!! I'm so happy he's home! What a cutie. My mom called me the day before you went to pick him up and had been talking to your emotional dad on the phone. (cute Uncle Lennie!) :)
I'm sure that was such a fun reunion. Glad he's back - so cool.
Oh...and it IS just Kindergarten...party on! :)