YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
After many attempts my kitchen and family room are now completely painted! (also note, I painted on thursday and today all painting supplies are bloxed up and in the garage and my house is spotless--that is HUGE for me!). FYI-the guy in the paint store who tried to tell me that painting your walls blue/gray is REALLLY hard...was not lying. Thankfully - a new friend had painted her walls this color-and it looked great so I was able to just copy it. It really was a miracle because at that point I had already looked at tons of color swatches, bought 4 different 8 oz cans of paint from Lowes, and even one gallon of paint--and I was no closer to my dream wall color. Thanks again Hilary! (PS--Sam thanks you too!) Thanks to my mom and Heidi for helping me paint! I wouldn't have been able to get it all done in one day without you...and I think you know what that means...it never would have gotten finished. Here it is in all of it's glory~
After many attempts my kitchen and family room are now completely painted! (also note, I painted on thursday and today all painting supplies are bloxed up and in the garage and my house is spotless--that is HUGE for me!). FYI-the guy in the paint store who tried to tell me that painting your walls blue/gray is REALLLY hard...was not lying. Thankfully - a new friend had painted her walls this color-and it looked great so I was able to just copy it. It really was a miracle because at that point I had already looked at tons of color swatches, bought 4 different 8 oz cans of paint from Lowes, and even one gallon of paint--and I was no closer to my dream wall color. Thanks again Hilary! (PS--Sam thanks you too!) Thanks to my mom and Heidi for helping me paint! I wouldn't have been able to get it all done in one day without you...and I think you know what that means...it never would have gotten finished. Here it is in all of it's glory~


Just for fun I will post some of the other attempts...funny how you might say that it looks pretty similar...but trust me this color is Soooooooooo much better! It is hard to explain-but it is muted, and neutral and of course beautiful! :-) The other colors were just too blue, among other things. With those colors I felt like I was going to have to decorate with blue because my walls were blue. This one is more neutral so I think I will be able to do a lot of things with it.



Also, if you think it is wierd that I spent so much time painting these walls when I am going to be moving soon -jump on the bandwagon. Let me just say that this is still my house and I will be coming back. Secondly, I am so happy that I was able to finish this project that I have spent so much time on, and it isn't like I will be moving tomorrow or anything-jesh! After all, I will get to enjoy it for at about a good month-that would be worth it to you too ...right?







































9 comments:
Looks great. I am glad you finally found the color.
love love love it!
Excellent color choice! I wouldn't have guessed blue/gray (or is it gray/blue) could be a nuetral but you made it work! Looks great!
Looks GREAT!
Amber...it looks just wonderful. It was so worth your effort!
Suzzy Rice
It looks so much better in person I can't believe the old and new look so much the same, the old was almost baby blue the new is steely gray blue, I might have to use it too.
Congratulations!! By the way...I too painted my kitchen six weeks before moving out of our condo..so if you are crazy, you're not alone!
I can't even believe how extremely lame I am. I was talking to Megan yesterday and she told me about your walls on your blog. I almost died right there on the spot. I completely forgot to come over last week. I am so sorry. I swear, next project I am there.
I once asked my sister for one word to describe me. She gave me spacey. Sadly, it's true. If I don't write it down, it doesn't happen.
Looks great, though!
Hey there amber! Aren't you glad it's all done?! I hate painting, but love the result! I created a blog so you'll have to check it out. I can't believer Rachel started kindergarten...it seems not that long ago when I was holding her on the couch at your parents house! Time flies doesn't it! Take care of yourself and your sweet little family.
Post a Comment