
I am starting to get the itch for a dog, but I think it is just for a puppy. I have never been much of a pet lover--I don't hate them or anything--I just have seen them more as another hassle, that requires extra chores. Anyway--my biggest concern is if I will be a long term pet lover--or if the fun will wear off when it grows up. So --I was thinking maybe I should stick with a dog that won't "grow up". Maybe I can have a dog that stays a puppy forever. Aren't these little dogs to die for!
I took Rachel to the mall pet store today so I could let her hold one. We saw a yorkshire terrier, a silky terrier, and a yorkie poo. Can't you see her just carrying these little cuties around, pushing them in a stroller, putting bows in their hair, and dressing them up :-)
There are a few problems with my plan. Sam is also thinking about getting a dog...except his first choices are a chocolate lab or a german shepard (slightly bigger huh). I think he will need A LOT more convincing. I just showed him these cute pictures--and he still said they look like rats. (BY the way--they sooooo no NOT look like rats...do they? :-) Plus-buying a good dog is expensive. I think the only thing I have going for me is that when we bought our house it already had a tiny doggy door--that wouldn't fit anything bigger than a small cat--ot an adorable Yorkie :-) Anyway--a fun day...maybe someday.






































15 comments:
The little dogs do look so cutie but that is a trick. Little dogs bark the most and are very defensive. I would never get one again. Sorry to say but I would have to agree with Sam on this one I love the idea of a Lab.
Sorry Amber, but I too agree with Lacie and Sam. I wasn't really keen on getting a dog either but I love our Golden Doodle that doesn't shed (unlike other mentioned big dogs) and she's so sweet tempered.
Justin and I want to get a dog soon too! He wants an American Bulldog, and I'd like a Boxer...we'll see who wins :)
Sometimes I get this craving also. I love the King Cavelier Spaniel I think it's called. It is an in between tiny puff dog and larger.
It's like deja vu. Josh says the same thing about little dogs
oh it is really hard to find a little dog that is also a good dog. If you guys do decide to get a big dog then a Rhodesian Ridgeback is a really great family dog. I told you about then before (they are the ones that Reuben's mom bred) They are so well behaved around children, but are intimidating looking for protection. The males are much larger but I prefer male dogs. They tend to be a little nicer
I am not much of a dog person either. I kind of view them like you do. There's nothing wrong with them, but it's just one more thing to take care of. However, when I read your post I could totally see you with a little dog and yes, Rachel too. I think as long as you train it it wouldn't be to yippie. Stephen had a little dog when we were dating and it was hilarious. He would get down on the floor and growl and the dog would growl back just for fun. The big dogs are fun too, and I think a little more of a best friend type dog, but they also have bigger poop. Sorry, not pleasant but must be thought of before the buy.
Those dogs are soooooo cute! I'm not a huge pet person,but those little pups are just too cute.
Heidi :)
oh I did forget to mention that I do think those little yorkies are adorable. I did know someone that had good yorkies. I think it has a lot to do with the owners too. A dog can read its owner like nothing else. IF you are chill it is more likely to be as well. I wasn't an animal person at all before I got my dog. In fact I was super grossed out by them. I decided one day that I wanted a puppy though. I would never give him up. He is a part of our family now (though I still don't like being called his mom). The first few months with potty training are rough. We took our dog everywhere with us and if he needed to go to the bathroom in the car we tucked his tail underneath him because a dog won't go on itself. It was really easy to potty train him and we think it was because of that. He got really good at holding it. He can still be inside all day long and be just fine. sorry this is long
I agree with Sam too--little dogs are cute but they're SO yippee and it gets annoying (like my neighbors dog). I'm glad there's more people like me who don't hate animals but doesn't really care to have the extra work--plus I don't want a dog or cat b/d I would hate to have hair all over me and my clothes. I'd have to fork over the big bucks and get a non-shedding hypoallergenic dog.
SO cute!! But I, like sam, am more of a big dog lover. But the little ones are way cute. Rachel would love it!
Cute dogs Amber! Tough decision - I've decided no dogs for us until all of my children are A LOT older. You're so right...one more thing to take care of! Rachel would LOVE one though.
I love that you want to write a novel! I would be the first to buy a copy. Of course it would be dedicated to me (your amazingly cool cousin who saved you from countless beatings by our crazy sisters and who knows how to race a boat down a ditch like no other).
:)
I thought I might get a call about a new grandpuppy by now lol here is my 2 cents ...any well trained dog is a good dog.
I have your answer. We have the perfect breed. He is a big dog trapped in a little dog's body...and at two years old, he still looks like a puppy. He's smart and very well-trained. If you want pics or more info, just email me!!
Post a Comment