Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bountiful Baskets

Today was my first time trying this new way to buy fruits and vegetables. Some friends told me about this website where you can buy it in bulk and save some money. I paid $17 and this is what I got. It is a surprise when you get there...kind of like Christmas :-)
Celery, green peppers, nectarines, strawberries, pears, mangos, tomatoes, grapes, broccoli. Deal? I think so --plus it was fun, and there was hardly any decisions to be made on my part.

5 comments:

ducklips said...

I'm so glad you had fun with the coop. I love it too and I think it makes it so much easier to plan my meals. I just build around what I get in the basket. Sorry I don't know any good plum recipes. I just pull one out and eat it every time I need a juicy snack.

Lacie said...

So are you going to eat all of the food? That is tons of pears you better not be picky.

Alyssa said...

That's awesome! And you only paid $17 for a one time thing? I've been wanting to do a co-op here but it costs about $350 for about 12 weeks. I know a good plum recipe, wash it, dry it off and bit into it, chew and repeat steps 3-4 until plum is gone :)

Kristin said...

I love Bountiful Baskets too. Everyone I know is talking about it. At least plums are nice to eat and not too strange. The second time I did it we got eggplant, kale and mushrooms. Those were tricky to use and most of it got thrown away!

Wendi and Eric said...

I like that? Do they also deliver the goods to your house? If so count me in.