

Growing up we usually went back to our hometown, a small town in Utah for spring break and for Easter. They always have an AWESOME easter egg hunt at the park on main street. There are tons of plastic easter eggs filled with candy, some real painted easter eggs, and if you find the specially marked eggs-PRIZES! I even remember the Easter Bunny arriving in a convertible.
When we got older, we stopped going home for easter every year and we started trying to find a comparable easter egg hunt in phoenix. I was all excited to hear about an Easter Fair. I was even more excited when we showed up and found two baseball fields covered in easter eggs~JACKPOT! Right before the hunt I overheard that the eggs were empty (just like our lame hunt from last year) and that you have to give the eggs back to get your bag of candy--oh well. We lined up waiting to hear "on your mark.." only to hear one last minute rule- "Each child may pick up FOUR eggs!" Are you kidding me??!! Why even bring our baskets ? We could have just shoved 2 in each pocket. Where did they learn how to do easter egg hunts? I would personally like to have them stripped of their easter egg hunt planner title.

Oh well-the kids didn't seem to care-- I just told them it was a race and the first ones to get 4 eggs gets to race over to the candy booth to get your candy. At least that worked-so we didn't have to wait in the super long line that inevitably formed. Here is Rach and her friend with their 4 eggs each. YEA!!
Good thing both of the Grandparents came through with some real easter egg hunts-lots of eggs FILLED with candy-you saved the day!
Thanks again Maddie for coming to join us -and playing at our house all afternoon :-)--(which allowed me to sit and read Twilight!)






































10 comments:
i am totally laughing about all the "rules"--i whole heartedly agree that no such activity should even be considered a "hunt". way to look at the bright side & at least your child cared about such tradidtions...savanna only likes the company at such events.
I am so glad you loved twilight too!! That easter egg hunt sounds dumb but I guess four is better than none.
Cute Easter pics! You're right...what a rip! Only 4 eggs and the candy isn't in them! Time to head to Cedar for the best annual hunt ever! :) Makes me miss grandma...
I LOVE TWILIGHT! Ha i'm glad you converted me to rowing too...I went to the rec center today with Kelsey and beat her by a lot.
amber, hi! first of all, i'm so glad you are reading twilight...after all the books you have recommended to me i knew you would love this one.
sara cw had twins in november but we had to postpone a shower because of bed rest, etc...2 girls!
Yes Amber...there WAS candy in the eggs. Sounds like you need to move to San Diego...or we all need to head to Cedar next Easter!
We can have a fun Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard...and Trust Me,
the kids can have all the eggs they can carry in their baskets! There will be PRIZE EGGS and also hidden tresures in the yard... Santa Clara has a darling hunt at the City Park too. The kids can do BOTH!
Come and visit Aunt Bonnie next year!:)
Love you
Oh my goodness, Rachel has grown up SO much since I last saw a pic of her...and she looks SO much like you! I saw your website link on Scott & Sara's page, I've looked for you guys on here before, but it's not very easy to search for blogspots (or at least I haven't figured it out). Glad you're doing well.
You crack me up. I can totally hear your voice and everything telling this story. And I think I'm the last person that hasn't read Twilight. Some day!
Post a Comment