Friday, March 7, 2008

Cell phones all the way

So I have a question to all of you who-like myself-have decided to bypass the home phone all together and just use your cell phone. Sam added me to his plan (until now I had been a little leech mooching off of my parents' plan) and he got us 1400 minutes. I kind of scowled at him when he told me that because i thought it would be waaayyyyyy too many minutes. Well of course-he obviously knew better. Last month I went just a little bit over (by about 255 minutes). At first i thought maybe it was because I was adjusting to being on a different plan than my sister and my parents-and realizing that I can't just call and talk forever when I am bored. And noticing that on verizon the night minutes don't start until 9pm (okay -worthless!) while on Sprint they started at 7pm. Plus-i had to make a lot of extra calls after the car accident last month. So I thought that it would be a one time thing...but I am noticing the minutes adding up pretty fast again this month with different 'one time things' comming up. So -how many minutes do you have on your plan? And who else besides Kirsten is on verizon? (so i can know who I can call for free?)

6 comments:

KIM D said...

You know Chris & I did this in MA, but now we have the "trio" AND cell phones...with T-Mobile! Sorry, no free calls to me )0:

Bonnie said...

I cute Amber! This is your aunt Bonnie. :)
What saved me on my cell phone minutes was to all get the same phone. Erin, Carly, Austin...all of us use Verizon...so we can talk for FREE...any time. I sometimes talk to my girls for over an hour and NEVER worry about minutes.
Love your blog!
Aunt Bonnie in Santa Clara..

Navarro's said...

You can call me for Free YAH! I have verizon and I have the same problem out here in boston it seems like no one has verizon and i kept going over also, so I just uped my minutes to 900. Dustin only has 400 hundred because everyone he calls has verizon. so conclusion Cell phones Suck!

Erin said...

I'm not sure how many minutes I have (I'm verison)...but Kenny and I always talk about giving up the home phone and going to all cell. Do you like it? I wonder about when I'm home upstairs. Do you always carry your cell with you?

Amber said...

YEA Jamie and Erin :-) As for whether I like it or not--i definitely love having just the cell phone, it will take a few more months of paying the bill to decide if it makes sense financially. I usually just keep it in my pocket. Kind of a bummer when you lose it and you can't just call it form your house phone.

Cherisa said...

My family and I all have Verizon and it works well for us but it's not our only phone for the house. I am still chained to the idea of not giving out my cellphone if I don't want to. Or using it if I don't want a stranger to have my home phone.

Our home phone is Vonage and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! (Is that too over the top?) I can forward my home number to my cell anytime and it sends me an email when I get a voicemail. And for $5 more I added an 800 number so my sister can call me on her landline for free. It's only $30 for everything and it works great! Hmm... Maybe I should be getting a commission. =)