Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Brrrrr....


It has been cold the past few days here in Arizona-I just checked the weather and right now (8:30am) the temperature is 45 (but it feels like 42.-much cooler!) The cooler weather is actually welcome here as it is starting to feel like Christmas time..by only problem is I am stuck not knowing what to wear. I just read Sandy's blog-and I totally agree. It just seems wrong to wear all the layers that I would wear in Boston.
When I noticed that it was a little chilly yesterday I tossed my short sleeve shirt back on the shelf and went for a long-sleeve shirt. I was feeling pretty cozy inside -but when I walked out to the car-brrrrr! Still cold. I ran inside and grabbed a sweater for me and I grabbed a sweater and mittens for Rach-after all she is expected to play outside in this weather at school. Then I threw in our jackets just in case-I was still cold-but I knew that it would warm up a little bit later in the day-so I was pretty sure we wouldn't need them-but at the same it seems wrong to feel even the slightest bit of cold here-when it could be avoided by putting on a simple jacket. So today I pulled out our hats and scarves that I thought would be packed away for good. I decided I would embrace them and wear them as much as they are needed-even if it is only for a couple of hours each day-because the difference is-if I layer up here-I can actually feel WARM :-) And after 4 years of constantly feeling cold- that is something i can now fully appreciate. (I didn't have any pictures to post-but as they are always more exciting to look at if there is a picture-I found one of Rach the first time we put her in a snow suit)

1 comment:

Cherisa said...

Oh my goodness! Look at the little toothless Rachel! How adorable! Boston is about as chilly but we'll be bracing for snow soon. At least you won't need an ice scraper this winter! =)