Monday, October 15, 2007

I made a decision

Well, I decided on the dark brown sectional. It is shown here with the chaise but ours will not have that--but otherwise looks the same-even comes with the same pillows. This picture helped my decision along quite a bit. When i find a picture where the couch looks good it is a lot easier to see it looking good in my house. Maybe I will just use a Khaki color for the wall like they did--it seems like it would look nice with my soon to be white fireplace. And I was also concerned that I didn't know what color of furniture would look cute, but I liked this color of dark wood next to it-and I even found a side table and a coffee table at the roomstore clearance center that I think will look great. (for a price that is cheaper than getting something at Target)wahoo!

Nicole, don't be disappointed-I seem to have gone against every bit of advice that you gave me: (Stick with the tan & stick with Microfiber or leather). It has down cusions and they are soooo comfortable-it was just all too convincing. And if I regret my decision later you will get to say 'i told you so.'

I also am feeling a little bit relieved because I got in touch with an interior designer friend of mine who is living in Arizona (some of you may know Brooklyn) and I am hoping that she will be able to use some of her expertise to make some of these decisions for me-because it is obvious that it is too much for me to handle. lol. Seriously-how long did it take to just decide on a couch-and don't even ask how long I have been deciding on whether to go with DirectTV or Cox for cable. AHHH! ha ha.

2 comments:

Cherise said...

very cute! Is it suede?

KIM D said...

Love the couch, LOVE the paint...I might have to redo ours now :) Good job at trusting your instincts--what magazine are you using again???