Sam had an interview in Phoenix a few weeks ago--and he was offered the job! YAHOO!
So the details are in the works, but we should be moving back to Phoenix in July.
And thankfully it is close enough that we will be able to move back to our house. Double yahoo! :)
And for those of you who have become great friends with my sister-in-law who has been living in our house--Yes, we are kicking them out, but I believe they are looking for another house to rent nearby since they have liked the area, and the friends, so much.
Knowing this before I left for my interview at Creighton gave me a lot of peace of mind. It was hard to imagine going back to school, when I didn't even know for sure where I was going to be living.
That being said, I still have a hard time committing to school. Not sure if it is just that I am a chicken...I mean who gets this far and still isn't sure? But it is a big decision, and I don't want to have any regrets--because I know it is going to be hard. Oh well. I really liked the school, and I really like hearing all about the distance program, and how they have streamlined the distance program to run smoothly. They have campus-based students as well, and they video tape their lectures for the distance students--they actually have motion activated video cameras that follow around the teacher as they walk around the classroom. They post the videos within 24 hours and then we would watch them from home. They are really on top of new technology and it is great to see how they incorporate it all, however they are very conscious of not incorporating anything new until the tech department and the teachers have had a chance to test it and get used to it first. I would have to go to a testing center to take all of my exams, and they actually give you an exam schedule at the beginning of the semester so i can go to the site and make appointments for all of those days--which is great because I will be able to plan ahead knowing when all those dates will be. Anyhoo...lots of details, but I don't want to go into all of them now.
For those of you who don't know-it is a Catholic school, here is a beautiful church that is next to the Pharmacy school. Gorgeous stain glass windows, and a beautiful interrior...would have snapped some photos of the inside, but when we walked in for a tour there was a wedding rehersal--oops--at least it wasn't a real wedding :)

Here is the science center, this is where we had the interview--it was a group interview date, there were about 40 of us there, all applying to the distance program. My interview was really laid back, the school is really into service and so I talked about my experience here in the pharmacy in an underserved area. Then they were concerned that I wouldn't be able to find locations for my rotations, but then I was able to tell them that we are actually moving to a city before I would start, so it would be no problem.
There were about 40 of us there, and there are actually still about that many spots open in the program, so it didn't feel "cut-throat". And actually, almost everyone was saying "see you in July!" (which is when orientation would be if we get in.)
They said they would let us know in about 3 weeks, and since my interview was April 1st, two weeks have already flown by and it could be any time now.
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this cute squirrel. The funny thing is, he was not a small squirrel, and was not a large tree. And since the branches were bare you could see just how tiny the branches were but he just climbed right up there to get some delicious berries.
You can see in this picture you can see how he is gracefully balancing on a branch that can barely hold his weight ha ha (can you see how it is totally bent??) and he is just munching away on those berries.










































1 comment:
Congrats on everything! That's so exciting. And I totally want to go back to school now, if I only knew what I wanted to be:)
Post a Comment