Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring break

This year I was happy that my spring break and Rachel's actually fell on the same week in mid-march, so we headed down to Phoenix for some cousin time. 

First stop--the Mortensen's.  Sam's bother that lives in Seattle was down with his kids, who Rachel hasn't seen in over a year.  So there was lots of excitement, lots of energy and lots of bouncing.
Here is the whole crew of grandkids with Grandma and Grandpa.




Next Stop:  My sisters house.

Dinner with all my siblings
Learned something new--my brother gets extremely annoyed at people who take pictures in restaurants. ha ha--we had a little bit of fun, before agreeing to take some shots outside afterwards.


The next day we headed to the zoo--where I had free passes (that I have sadly had for about 3 years.)
It was a sunny, hot March day in phoenix--around 80 degrees already so we had to dig out the sunscreen.  The splash pads weren't scheduled to open until april so we didn't have the kids wear their suits, but they ended up being open so we let the kids get soaked in their clothes--which they were happy to do...however, they were less happy about having to walk around in wet clothes afterwards. 




The final big event was talking Rachel and my 9 year old neice to the Justin Beiber movie.  I gotta say, we all enjoyed it-I wish I could have taken pics of them during the movie.  There were some great concert scenes and since it was in 3-D it made you feel like you were in the audience of the concert--so the girls were waving their hands and cheering with the "crowd"  ha ha.  There was even a sing-along song at the end of the film where the words came on the screen and everyone was encouraged to sing along.   Good times :)

No comments: