Friday, March 4, 2011

Impromptu trip to Salt Lake

Last Friday we had the Xterra loaded up with our skiis and were headed to Durango to go Skiing.  Then I got a text from Kim that said they got 12 inches of snow in Salt Lake and we thought hmmmm.....Should we turn around and go to Salt Lake?   We wanted to visit them and ski in Salt Lake in February but our trip was canceled because of a storm.  So why the heck not?   So we did.    It was so great to see Kim and Chris and it was fun to see Rachel and Savanna's friendship pick up right where it left off (on barbies and littlest pet shop).  

So after an 8 hour drive, the next morning we got dressed in ski clothes and headed to the ski resort...only to be stuck in a traffic jam before we even got to the canyon road.  We waited about 10 minutes in the line to turn at the last stoplight before the canyon, and we didn't move at all.  I have never been to the ski resort, so I had to take Sam's word for it, that this meant it was backed up for about 12 more miles at least, and we could be there for hours.  And then if we made it up there, we might have trouble finding parking etc.   Sam refused to wait, that is how much he hates traffic.  He loves skiing A LOT...but the traffic wasn't worth it.   So we called our friends and said we were coming back to play in the snow.
So after being gidding with excitement and being proud that we could be so spantaneous the day before, I felt a little like it came back to bite us in the butt, because apparently being spontaneous can work both ways.  :)   Thankfully, the second place option was hanging out with our friends and getting to eat some Brazillian BBQ for dinner  (which I had been craving since trying to go to a place in Phoenix when we were down.)  So as random and wierd as the trip was--I consider it a success!


2 comments:

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Ahh look at you not even planned spontaneousness as we tried to pull off in highschool:)

looks fun

Heidi said...

Okay, I am loving the Rachel running photos that you added links too. So awesome! I love that t-ball photo too. So cute! She is so intense! ;)
Heidi
ps- I wish I could have got a pic of you crossing the finish line this time, since you said you were foaming at the mouth and about to puke, due to your lack of breakfast. ;)
Heidi ;)