Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break

I went to Phoenix for a few days during my Spring break...but I forgot my camera so no pictures, but here is how I spent my time
  • Spend the 5 hour drive with Rachel--singing along to the new CD we burned for the trip (half my songs, and half music she would like (Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and Taylor Swift)  I have to admit--I like "Party in the USA" it is quite a catchy tune. :-)
  • Stopped by to say hi to my dad for his birthday and went out to ice cream with him and his friends (even got to see Ben--an old friend from high school )
  • Drove back to the east valley to meet up with Sam at our house.  Woke up at 5:30am when Sam got in the shower --apparently the shower also woke up our 3 year old  niece Jamie because shortly thereafter she was jiggling the bathroom door handle and yelling "Rachel! are you in there?! Rachel! I want to see you!"    lol --she LOVES her cousin Rachel and always knows when we are going to be there in the morning. 
  • Got my hair cut and added some highlights--to lighten things up for summer (lol--like how I am already thinking of summer when it isn't even spring yet? )  I LOVE getting my hair washed and styled.  A nice  head massage, and a break from having to style my hair, and a chance to see it look amazing--way better than I can ever get it to look :-) --Thanks Nikki!
  • Went out to dinner with friends.  I had planned to take Sam out to a romantic restaurant for our anniversary...but when I heard about some friends that were going out to dinner  (and was positive I could get myself invited) I decided to go for that instead--I mean...Sam and I spend a LOT of time with each other--and the main thing I wanted was to go out with 'adults only'--so this outing still qualified and it was fun.  I would say the funniest part of the night was while we were eating.  They assigned us a booth in the shape of a semi-circle and we sat down with the 3 guys next to each other--and then us 3 girls next to each other on the other side--after all, you don't go out to dinner with friends just to sit by and talk with your spouse.  It made sense to us--the girls wanted to catch up, and so did the boys.  Anyway, it made sense to us--but when the Waitress walked up she just stared, was speechless for a minute--totally confused! lol
  • Saturday morning--Heidi and I left the house early hoping to find a few yard sales--and we hit the JACKPOT!  A fancy neighborhood a few blocks away was having a neighborhood sale.  We both got tons of fun stuff--and I even took three different trips to make room for 4 new chairs to lounge in by the pool. 
  • Saturday--spent the afternoon doing yard work.  Lame I know.  on vacation and doing yardwork.  Something about it actually sounded like fun--the part where I got to be out in the sunshine and use the leaf blower to clean up the mess that all of the storms had made, making my yard look pretty so whenever I actually get to sit by the pool in my new chairs it would be pretty.  The part where I actually had to clean up all the leaves ---not so much fun. 
  • Shopped at Target, IKEA, some consignment stores
  • On Sunday Sam came home, and I spent the next few days in Glendale with my family
  • Played a great game of Monopoly---there is something soo fun about playing speed monopoly--where a person misses their chance to collect rent if they don't ask for it before the next person rolls. 
  • Made an easter craft with my sister

It did give me a little bit of Spring Fever--even though it was actually rainly while we were there, grass was green, and flowers were growing.  And the first day back in Chinle--I woke up to this:
More snow.  I guess it is going to be a while before I can lay out in my swim suit.  

1 comment:

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Sounds like a great break!