7 years ago
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Sing down the Moon
I wanted to read this book because it is based around Navajos living in the Canyon de Chelly which is right here where I live. I enjoyed it, even though it was meant for 4th graders. :-) I have read other books by this author and remembered liking them, and since it was also based on historial information I learned a few things too. I wanted toread it aloud to Rachel--but I am glad I didn't. First of all I don't think it would have been interesting to her, but also -it included a few things that I am not sure I am ready for her to hear about yet. (being kidnapped and taken from your home.) I do want her to learn about history...but I would like to keep her innocence a little while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







































1 comment:
Good idea not to read it to Rachel yet. I could just see the nightmares with that one.
Post a Comment