We had a little bit of snow here--just barely enough to sled.
In retrospect, I would not recommend sledding in an area of all dirt and rocks unless you have way more snow, I hit a rock going down and have a nice bruise on my buttocks to prove it.

On Christmas morning after we opened our presents (and waited for the pipes to thaw out) we drove to Durango. It was a cold day --and Rachel and I were big fans of the fireplace in the lodge and the hot cocoa.

In retrospect, I would not recommend sledding in an area of all dirt and rocks unless you have way more snow, I hit a rock going down and have a nice bruise on my buttocks to prove it.
On Christmas morning after we opened our presents (and waited for the pipes to thaw out) we drove to Durango. It was a cold day --and Rachel and I were big fans of the fireplace in the lodge and the hot cocoa. Here is me attempting to get just one decent family picture on Christmas day in the hotel.
Then for New Years Eve we decided last minute to drive to Flagstaff and meet up with my sister and her family who were staying in Flag and sledding and playing in the snow for the first time.

One extreme to another-a quote from Rachel I want to remember
Rachel was playing with her friends and I went in to tell them to clean up and I decided I would help them. Rachel practically yelled--"It is OUR MESS! and we can clean it up OURSELVES" While I was glad she was owning up to her mess, I said great, but I just wanted to help--to which she switched her standpoint to, "Fine, you can be our maid."
At that point, they were left ot fend for themselves. :-)









































4 comments:
Rachel is hilarious! It's been too long since I've seen her - Anna misses you.
I love that you are documenting all of this. They grow up so fast. Plus I enjoy getting a good laugh out of what Rachel is up to.
:) Love the Rachey story. I like your family photos in Durango and I was shocked to see Sam all clean cut! He cleans up nicely. ;) jk. Mike is on his Manuary kick right now with long locks and facial hair. :)
Heidi
I think you guys live on the slopes now! What a fun Christmas holiday. We hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment