
Sam has been busy working, but is enjoying the life of having paid vacation days working for the Government. He checks the ski report frequently and has already skiied 3 times in Colorado this season, and has plans for many more. He has passed on his love for skiing to Rachel and thankfully she has his skills as well, (though she has the cold tolerance of her mom).
I am still working as the editor of a small magazine but I have been enjoying making plans to go back to school to get a Masters or a Doctorate. My free time is spent researching different careers. The list varies tremendously, but it all makes sense in my head. My goal is to be able to find a job with part-time opportunities that are still paid well (unlike the what I have been able to find part-time with my bachelors). Currently in the running, physical therapy, Pharmacy, optometry. I plan to observe some of these jobs in January and hopefully that will give me some direction. (however, any info on moms you know who are able to make these careers work would be appreciated).
Rachel is enjoying 1st grade and has impressively learned how to say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing Mary had a little Lamb all in Navajo. We love making her repeat it, but she gets shy and will only do it if you give her a dollar :-) But it is worth it. She is constantly doing art projects, playing with all of her "pets" (all battery operated), and insists on wearing skirts and dresses even when it is below freezing.
- Get Christmas cards ready at the beginning of November, and addressed by the first week of December
- Have everyone in the family write a Christmas list by November (or have an ongoing list throughout the year)
- Plan out the special holiday events and put them on the advent calendar for the days we will actually do them to ensure there is some follow-through (look at holiday lights, make gingerbread houses, make cookies, shop, do Christmas Angel, etc)
- Buy toy gifts before Thanksgiving weekend-to avoid stalking stores for sold out items






































5 comments:
Maybe you could learn songs in Navajo and charge people money to sing them. My brother is a PT and I know a lot of pharmacists from Kansas. I know that nursing is probably the best paid and most flexible job a mom could have. Or maybe dental hygenist. You could be Sam's assistant!
That is a great picture of your family. I felt the same way about the whole christmas letter/having a blog already to update people regarding our lives. But its always fun to get mail, right?
Love the picture Amber! I want a hard copy next year! ;) I always make a list of things to do better and remember next December too. Hope 2010 is a great one for you guys!
I just love your family photo. You look gorgeous as always.
As for the career path I say just figure out what you love and follow that path even if it doesn't end in a "profession"! I also like the hygienist idea. They make a ton!!
You look gorgeous in that pic! Can't wait to hear what you pick to be when you grow up.
Cute photo...it sounds like life is pretty good for you. Good luck picking a career, I am sure you can make anything work.
Post a Comment