We just got back from visiting Hawaii for a week. It was our first time there and we had the perfect mix of fun and relaxation. One of Sam's good friends lives there so we decided it was finally time to mooch off of them.
We took a lot of pictures...here are the highlights.
Watched a lot of Surfing -it just so happened that some of the Big Wave competitions were going on and it was amazing to watch.--Many waves were around 30 feet high, and I am sure many were even higher. 

Did a little surfing of our own apparently the longer and the wider the board the easier it is to learn how to surf..so somehow I ended up with this ginormous board--but I did catch a wave and was able to stand up--so I guess it served it's purpose. My arms were very tired, and I gained an even bigger appreciation for the surfers in the big wave competition.


Watched Many Sunsets We did this right after we got off the plane (with only a brief stop for some lunch) For the record--what we thought would be a 2 hour hike turned into a 4 hour hike, which is a long way to go in flip-flips (the suggested footwear since it was muddy) and realized after the fact that mosquito repellant would have been a great idea.
Saw Dolphins
Kayaked out to a little island....then kayaked even further (which we later regretted on the return trip back to dry land).
Went to a movie For the record, this was Sam and Rachel's idea, I gave them a hard time for choosing to go at noon and wasting sunshine in Hawaii--I was not suprised that we were the only 3 people there. In their defense, going to a movie is not something we can do any day of the week--and I guess that is what a vacation is all about. I did get to finally go see New Moon, (but for the record, Wendi and I snuck out to see it at 9:30pm :)








































8 comments:
I'm so so jealous! And you have a darling cover up!
SO FUN!!! And you look so good in a bikini! I could never wear one.
What a fun trip Amber! You guys had Christmas early! Love all the pictures. You look so cute in your little bikini and I'm very impressed you tried surfing. So glad you had fun!
Can I say JEALOUS?! Um yes...I can :) What a blast and a great way to pre-celebrate Christmas!!
Still jealous. Looking sexy as usual Amber. ;) I'm glad you got to put your suits to use. ;) Hope you guys are doing well. Do you know your Christmas plans yet?
Heidi
Wow! It looks like you had a great time. You all look fabulous! Merry Christmas!
Oh my goodness that looks like SO MUCH FUN! It totally makes me want to plan a trip to Hawaii now!
Way to rock a bikini Amber! So brave! And looks like it was a great time.
Post a Comment