Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Decorating

I am a fan of black friday shopping...and while I had no stores to shop at (and didn't see any good deals online)-we skipped it this year and got straight into getting ready for Christmas.
We listened to Christmas music and made Christmas Crafts (here is our advent calendar made out of tins -thanks mom and Lacie!)
We cooked pies, yams, mashed potatoes and more (here is our attempt at making Penuche--a type of candy that my grandma used to make, and still I have never made a successful batch-but we have fun trying, and testing it frequently to see if it is ready)
Ate ice cream (I told Rachel she could have a few marshmellows, and when I turned my back she dumped TONS in her bowl--I wanted to get mad, but all I could do was laugh.)
Put up Christmas lights, and decorated our tree (This is our dental school tree...that I thought would be long gone by now...but I guess we will use it just one more year).
It will probably be a few weeks until my next post--but it will be worth it because it will include pictures of us in
HAWAII!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can't believe you tried to make penuche! You brave soul. I wouldn't even dare go there. I love your dental school tree and your advent calendar. Have a blast in Hawaii!!!