snowcones. Which is cause for double the excitement--not only can we get yummy snowcones without buying them out of the trunk of someone's car at the flea market, but we now have a place to rent videos! (the only only video store I knew about went out of business last month) :-( So Yesterday I snapped this picture--look how happy Rach is with her snow cone and checking out the movies to rent. Wednesday's are $1 day so I planned to come back the next day to rent one.
I thought it would be my new favorite place....Until....
I returned today and took my time browsing all of the options before choosing 2. I was the only one in the store until right then when 3 people came in and got in line as well. So I waited patiently in line while the world's slowest person made 3 snowcones. Then I walked up and handed the girl my movies and she said "What is your account number?"
And I said "Oh, I actually don't have one yet, I need to sign up for one today." :-) :-)
"Ohhhh, we actually aren't taking any new members right now. hhmmmmm. Maybe check back in a couple of months."
I was pretty confused. The only kinds of places I have ever heard turning people away are high end gyms so they don't get over crowded and maybe Doctor's offices when they aren't accepting any new patients. But a video store...C'MON!! I would have thought that their store--half full of VHS tapes and decked out in homemade signs made with crayons and markers on posterboard and notebook paper could have used my $2.....but apparently I am mistaken. Apparently it is a high end, highly selective, member's only kind of place.
Good Grief! And they wonder why most people just buy pirated movies from the flea market.






































7 comments:
Are you kidding? What an adventure you guys are on out there! Sorry we missed you while you were here. Hang in there girl.
I bet they are selective on clientel maybe if you were more tan??? My Husband says that is a common thing in your little section of the world. good Luck
That is HILARIOUS! But sucks all at the same time
maybe she was just being lazy. What about netflix?
I would have cried! So sorry - You can get netflix for $10/month.
That stinks! What are they thinking!!!??? Any word on what your plans are yet? After that, I'm sure you had to have had some thoughts about looking for another place again. ;)
Heidi
PS- Great Boston pics! GLad you guys got to go and have such a fun time. :)
Heidi
Post a Comment