Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend in Durango



This was my first trip to Durango, although Sam has been there many times, and even Rachel has been there once already.
Collecting firewood near our campsite-loving that this is only 3 hours away from Chinle.

Loving that I put her songs on my mp3 player--made for a nice car ride...if you don't mind listening to her singing along to all of the songs :-)
Hanging out at camp (she was drawing a silly picture of me and showing Sam how funny it was. --you can see the one she drew of Sam on the front.)
Another project was figuring how many states we have each been to-the official tally is:
Sam: 28
Amber: 22
Rachel: 12
We went for a hike--and this was the view--awesome! Thankfully we got to drive most of the way and the hike was only 3/4 mile.

My new Nantasket Beach sweatshirt that is now my favorite!



I would just like to say that for once, I didn't forget anything. WAHOO! (Heidi--you would be so proud!) It was convenient though that the city was just a ten minute drive from the campsite. We got in late Friday night and then spent Saturday afternoon in Durango-had some great Mexican food, played at a park, bought some groceries, and browsed through some small bookstores (I was annoyed they didn't have any used books though--who pays $26 for a book-even if it is a hardback?)


3 comments:

Lacie said...

sounds fun to just get in the car and go camping. I think those times are the best memories.

Erin said...

What a fun little weekend outing! I so thought you would have Sam beat on number of states visited. Can Cedar City count as its own state? ;)

Casey and Brynn said...

We love Durango! We (Taylors) went there a few times while I was in high school. And then we have gone two summers since I have been married. And to think, you were only 6 hours away from me. I didn't realize you were that close to CO. Doesn't Denver sound like a fun road trip???